New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.16_B for WD TV Live Plus (8/2/11)

“having” the advertised feature present, and the feature actually working properly are two different things.  Read this forum if you want to know the issues.

I am one that feels truly let down by WD and it’s lack of decent firmware support.  I’m still running V1.04 something because it’ll at least stream video off my Synology NAS properly.  Knowing my TV Live Plus is now abandoned I haven’t even bothered to mess with album art, and anything else to make it look “pretty” on the screen.  I hate every time I start the thing up I’m presented with “New Firmware Available” - no way I’m going to install anything newer than what I have, since (after reading this forum) I know it’ll [edited] something up that works. Is there a way to banish that message btw?

WD got too enamored with adding **bleep** like letting the two users in the world that might want their MEDIA STREAMER to be able to tweet or facebook  or play stupid games using a 10 button remote instead of actually improving the MEDIA STREAMING performance.

I’m doing my research now…if the Apple TV streamed from a NAS without jailbreaking, I’d already have one.  Unfortunately, reading reveiws of most of the other big name streamers, they all seem to have issues.