New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.16_B for WD TV Live Plus (8/2/11)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Plus Media Player.  

Please post your experiences in this thread.

3 Likes

Hmm, usually _V version of firmware was first, is there any info about release time for just wd tv live?

I’m installing as we speak… I will be the first one to try it out! at 85% so far…

Anton wrote:

Hmm, usually _V version of firmware was first, is there any info about release time for just wd tv live?

It should be soon, maybe next week if testing holds.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the info.

Aww, I wanted to play with the Hulu Plus feature before the firmware was officially released.  :frowning:

Oh well, on the plus side they fixed the CRT widescreen and the centering issues.  :slight_smile:

Still black screen while playing some AVI files - just sound is OK ! :((

No problem with these files on my Win7 based PC while using Win Media Player.

I already reported this problem  a few weeks ago.

I just installed the new firmware and now I can’t see any of my media using TVersity - anyone else got a problem?

After installing the new update 1.06.18 my 3tb WD HDD stop recognize.    The external USB icon shows once then goes off.  I deleted the .wdtv folder on my HDD still didn’t work. My HDD is NTFS format, but for a strange reason it recognizes my FAT flash drive.

I just rolled back to the previous firmware and TVersity is once again working - I wonder how long a fix will take to be released? 

Nathan_H wrote:

Aww, I wanted to play with the Hulu Plus feature before the firmware was officially released.  :frowning:

Oh well, on the plus side they fixed the CRT widescreen and the centering issues.  :slight_smile:

Sc*ew HuluPlus … was hoping for Amazon Video On Demand … oh well, guess I still have to use PlayOn … :frowning:

The new release has disabled the support for Right-to-left language

milesrevolution wrote:

After installing the new update 1.06.18 my 3tb WD HDD stop recognize.    The external USB icon shows once then goes off.  I deleted the .wdtv folder on my HDD still didn’t work. My HDD is NTFS format, but for a strange reason it recognizes my FAT flash drive.

Same thing happened to me. Updated and my 3TB drive no longer reads with the wdtv live plus.

Was hoping for ESPN3 support.  will keep waiting.

Why oh why do I bother… it’s not like this is new to me… I know I shouldn’t update these things until no less than 3 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours and 18 minutes have passed so that everyone else can deal with this ■■■■ first…

… so now my WD Live Plus refuses to play .mkv files that it was just playing last weekend.  The drive the files are on is a 2TB WD Elements external connected via USB to my NetGear WNDR3700 running 1.0.7.98NA over WiFi-N.

Roll’m back boys, roll’m back…

aarrggghhh… 

EDIT:  Ok, ok, ok… it was me.  Well, not really.  It was something, but it wasn’t the WD TV Live Plus.  I rolled back the FW and still no go.  So I restarted the router and the WD Elements HDD and the video worked under the old FW.  Updated the WD TV Live Plus one more time and this time the video played properly…

All is well in the world… I guess… :slight_smile:

Loaded 1.06.16_B, but had to roll back to 1.05.04_B since my Linksys/Cisco WUSB600N v2 wireless USB device would no longer work properly, even after a hardware reset :dizzy_face:.

The first sign something was wrong was that the blue light on the front of the WUSB600N would no longer light up.  Although it was recognized and I could connect to my router, performance was horrible (e.g. netflix and local streaming would time out).

Curious if anyone else has seem similar issues with their wireless dongles.

BTW, this is the first time that I have had to roll back my firmware.

Yeah, I was also hoping for Amazon on Demand.  Definitely prefer it over Hulu. This looks like a major update. Thanks WD.

Unbelievable. Why do we consumers continue to support hardware and software developer’s unfinnished products? They should be paying US to serve as their product testers.

I downloaded the firmware. It completely changed the network path. The “Hulu Plus” freezes-up. And now WD Live online doesn’t recognize my password!?!!! I hope no one needs to get ahold of me tomorrow as I will be on the phone with customer service to “advise” them of my feelings.

Automatically update to version 1.06.16_B. Many new features that looked great. No problems with download or install identified.  Had to rollback to previous version after a few hours of frustration. Could start avi files that I have watched before. Could not fast forward, stop, rewind and when attempted, the WDTVLivePlus froze. Remote lost all functionality. Attempted to watch other files when the file was concluded, it would not return to the menu screen. Only way to unfreeze or get the WDTVLivePlus to return to the home screen was to unplug it. Tried return to factory settings, reset and nothing seemed to correct the problem.  Followed directions on this site to roll back to the previous version. After rollback, all functions returned to normal and everything worked great. Never had difficulty with Firmware upgrades until this one. Looking forward to future updates once the bugs are worked out of this most recent version.

Version 1.06.16_B does NOT play well with Linksys E3000 router. Please fix this. I’ll be rolling back in the m,eantime.