New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

Let’s move on and find another product. :angry:

I can’t upgrade. My WD TV Media Player was purchased with Version 1.04 and I can see that there is a V1.06.15_V so I have downloaded the file and extracted the 3 files to a USB. When I connect the USB my WD TV Media Player does not see new firmware and when I go to Settings and Upgrade Firmware it just checks the internet. My WD is not connected to the internet so it never finds an upgrade. So how do I force it to find the latest firmware which is on the USB?

dougco wrote:

I can’t upgrade. My WD TV Media Player was purchased with Version 1.04 and I can see that there is a V1.06.15_V so I have downloaded the file and extracted the 3 files to a USB. When I connect the USB my WD TV Media Player does not see new firmware and when I go to Settings and Upgrade Firmware it just checks the internet. My WD is not connected to the internet so it never finds an upgrade. So how do I force it to find the latest firmware which is on the USB?

Make sure the files are in the root directory of the USB drive.

Try both USB ports.

Make sure you have the correct version of the software that matches your product.

Try pressing the reset button on the WD box and then try upgrading again.

dougco wrote:

Turn off the unit, connect the usb drive with firmware and turn on the WD TV

you will be prompted to update

Are one of these new update for us, I have the live hd with the famous 1.06.15_v :
New Release - Firmware Version 1.10.13 for WD TV Live
New Release - Firmware Version 3.06.14 for WD TV Live

le6emeelement wrote:

Are one of these new update for us, I have the live hd with the famous 1.06.15_v :
New Release - Firmware Version 1.10.13 for WD TV Live
New Release - Firmware Version 3.06.14 for WD TV Live

No, unfortunately those updates are not for your media player. 1.06.15_V is the latest for your device.

All of the WD media players have very similar names, so it is easy to get them mixed up.

1 Like

My patience has run out. I now consider my divece as end of live / bricked and going to look for a Popcorn Hour or something.

WD is promising a new firmware update for months now (hopefully fixing bugs instead af adding them) and some how are not interested in us anymore.

Good luck to you guys who are still hoping for a miracle!

1 Like

I, too, gave up some time ago. Now that XBMC is ported to Android (work in progress), I can think of no reason to ever buy a WD device again.

I like the Pivos XIOS DS; good reviews and decent price; with XBMC it’s a winner.

http://www.pivosgroup.com/xios.html

Cheaper than WD too - I’ll never go back.

I completly agry, Why do you want to buy a WD product that never work

Hi guys. i just saw elvis in a taco and he told me that the new firmware is coming soon…

esarparn wrote:

Hi guys. i just saw elvis in a taco and he told me that the new firmware is coming soon…

ha ha ha ha :slight_smile:

Did I miss something during a year ?

This is it

How is that update coming? They are rewriting everything in assembler so that it will be blazing fast. I know this for a fact, otherwise the delay cannot be explained.

1 Like

Dear WD,

We won’t be needing the firmware update anymore.

Popcorn hour will release the new A-400 !! which will suffice…

Thanx again.

eppoman wrote:

Dear WD,

We won’t be needing the firmware update anymore.

Popcorn hour will release the new A-400 !! which will suffice…

Thanx again.> Don’t you mean thanks for nothing !!

Ever since the lastest Release 1.11.14, the WD TV Live player doesn’t eject the drive and just hangs.  I have to hard power the unit down by holding the power button down for 5-10 seconds.  Then once the unit reboots and reloads the drive, I then can safely eject the drive properly.

If you try and eject a drive or cancel the ejection process because of hanging and then you don’t see the drive in the list, that doesn’t mean it’s properly ejected.  There will be bad written sectors on the drive when you plug that drive into a computer and will be forced to scan disk and repair your drive for errors.

I have had at least 4 drives over the years that fried out after the WD TV Live player didn’t properly eject the drive and scan disk with repair fixes the errors.  So I wrote support at WD to let them know of this issue as well.

I really wish WD would test the firmware releases more before releasing… They still haven’t fixed the issue with the player reverting back to 720p after the unit powers down as well.

TheJester77 wrote:

Ever since the lastest Release 1.11.14, the WD TV Live player doesn’t eject the drive and just hangs.  I have to hard power the unit down by holding the power button down for 5-10 seconds.  Then once the unit reboots and reloads the drive, I then can safely eject the drive properly.

If you try and eject a drive or cancel the ejection process because of hanging and then you don’t see the drive in the list, that doesn’t mean it’s properly ejected.  There will be bad written sectors on the drive when you plug that drive into a computer and will be forced to scan disk and repair your drive for errors.

I have had at least 4 drives over the years that fried out after the WD TV Live player didn’t properly eject the drive and scan disk with repair fixes the errors.  So I wrote support at WD to let them know of this issue as well.

I really wish WD would test the firmware releases more before releasing… They still haven’t fixed the issue with the player reverting back to 720p after the unit powers down as well.

you posted both your posts about this in the oposite forums. this happens to me as well on the SMP (I don’t have the Live+)

What where the updates on this firmware regarding a NAS setup?

Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)   This firmware is still not compatable with samsung smart internet tvs using hdmi cable.

Problem: Boot up video problems and no hdmi audio.

1. WD TV LIVE alaways fails to match resolution to the tv. The video handshaking is missing something.

I turn on Samsung smart internet tv (1280x760x60p) and then turn on the wd tv live, the samsung tv always says “resolution not supported” then it takes the wd tv live forever to boot up and then colour is all washed pink. You always have to go into the wd tv live video settings and use

• video output: hdmi - display resoulution: auto - color space: auto - match framerate: off now the samsung tv shows resolution of 720x480x60p which is terrible for video clarity but if you abort these changes, the WD TV LIVE will cause the TV to switch back into the 1280x720x60 mode and the now WD TV Live shows hdmi 720p60h, 8 bit. And everthing now is ok…

for 1920x1080x60i same problem except i have to force the change, then the wd tv live now works for 1080i ok.

But i can never get the wd tv live to even work in 1080p mode with my tv.

my unit is WDAAN0000NBK (note not WD8AAN0000NBK)

1. audio never works with hdmi. i just get a audio not supported in auto, so i go into manual audio and check marked every option and no luck.

my samsung dvd and shaw pvr work just fine with hdmi audio.

Due to new release, this thread is now closed.