New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

Hi,

I have been using the last one (1.06.15) since it came out.

I my WDLive every day, mainly movies (my daughter is addicted to disney movies…) and I have never had any problem, no reboots, nothing people writes on the forum. I know a lot of people use other features or in another way and they complain, but for me it’s perfect.

Regards

I have recently downgraded to 1.05 because of a certain amount of judder when watching HD movies and because of the longer startup time for HDD on 1.06.  There are also problems with auto framerate on 1.06.  Having said that, I don’t think there’s a definitive answer to your question.  it may be just a case of trying several out and deciding on the best for you.  By which time the final FW update may be available which we all hope we be the definitive answer!  1.05 for me, but try 1.06 as well.

I agree. There is no ‘best’ firmware because everyone’s situation is different and what might work for some people will not work for others. I would start with the latest firmware. If you have a problem you can try reverting back to an earlier firmware. All of the firmware versions have issues, so use the latest version that you can live with. In my case, I am using the latest firmware, which does not work any worse than earlier versions did for me.

Hi everybody,

Do you know if it’s possible to configure audio output, simultaneously, from stereo and optical?

The problem is that we must change settings everytime as we use, alternatively, a decoder or just TV for audio. Any workaround?

Thanks

Downgrade to 1.05 firmware will fix the problem - hope they fix it in the next firmware if it ever comes

I have a sony bravia tv with dolby digital and dolby digital plus decoder buit-in but wdtv live doesn’t recognize dolby digital plus and neither downmix it to stereo and no sound is heard through the tv speakers, I tested setting the audio output  to digital pass through via hdmi only and stereo with the same results.

Dolby truehd and dts-ma is working normal with the audio downmixed to stereo.

I’m experiencing this same issues reported by grandamoca since the last fw upgrade. Even after the suggested rollback/downgrade, they still remain…

I totally subscribe grandamoca’s opinion and it’s simply sad that a product that was great ended up rubbish after a fw upgrade…

Like others here my 3TB external drive (WD Cavier Green in an Astone 481U3 enclosure - ASM1051 bridge chip) is not recognised using the 1.06 firmware and I’ve had to downgrade to the 1.05 drivers.  Bring on 1.07!

I have rollback to 1.05.04

The only issue i have is with the subtitle default

Factory settings it’s OFF

When i turned to ON a few day’s later it’s back on OFF  automatic

It doesn’t happend all the time

Everytime i wanna watch a movie i have to check that first if it’s ON

So my question is there a tool out there  so i can edit the firmware by myself and put it to  ON  (factory settings) fefore i flash it

Maybe then he won’t forget it:stuck_out_tongue:

Well guys, in my guess there will not be another or final firmware update gonna happen.

As I can see the newer model has already firmware version 1.08.17 (5/7/2012) so it’s very clear that WD is putting the full focus on the newer model and leave us in the shadow of it with the older model as our last update was in August 2011.

As for me I’m using the somewhat “working and stable” firmware version 1.04.22 but I’m very disappointed how WD treats their customers on firmware level !

So thats why I’m never ever gonna buy a WD mediaplayer again and I advise everyone NOT to buy this brand when their looking around to buy a mediaplayer.

This mediaplayer was not cheap and I had expected quality stuff and support of a big brand like WD but I got that seriously wrong!

Regards,

Bert

Where is a new updating??? I think android smart tv boxes are better…

New updating? Do you realy need new bugs?

WDTV Live is not downmixing Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio to stereo when the “core” track is not present… is this normal???

Not heard anything for the last two months about the update.  Any news.  Has testing finished?  If not, any estimate as to when this final update will be released?  It’s nine months since the last update, and my fingers are getting twitchy for change.

You can find some information in the Request Official Response thread. In that thread one of the WD staff said that a new firmware release is pending but was held up by something that he could not disclose to us. You can read it for yourself here (read the thread to the end starting on page 13).

Official Response

Any news on this? Need a new firmware to try and fix the booting issue I am having where the devices boots off every 5 seconds…

colonelhawx wrote:
Any news on this? Need a new firmware to try and fix the booting issue I am having where the devices boots off every 5 seconds…

The first thing to do is to stop posting the same message all over the forum.

I, too, am keeping an eye out for this firmware.

I know WD are probably working very hard behind the scenes to get this ready.

I suspect that as its the last one, they are making sure that its been thoroughly tested.

That’s got to take time…

Fingers crossed  X :smiley: X

Let’s move on and find another product. :angry: