New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

The new update broke my WD TV Live.  We used it yesterday with the same 1.5TB 2.5" SeaGate Free Agent GoFlex USB drive that we’ve been using since we picked up the GoFlex in March.  As soon as the firmware was downloaded the USB light on the WD TV Live just blinks very quickly and the HDD never shows up as being available.  The HDD still works fine on my PC and laptop, and the only thing that has changed is the firmware.  This is very frustrating…I have no idea how to download, and just wanted to be able to use the WD TV Live as I always have.

Worse yet, I jump on here and see that if it was working, I wouldn’t be able to use HDMI audio and optical audio at the same time, which is important for me, since I use the TV speakers for showing videos to the kids, but use my MixAmp and headset to watch movies and play games while they’re asleep or when I want the 5.1 surround…

locknut550 wrote:

I noticed with the new firmware in audio settings  that linear PCM is added now , has anyone tried a  file with dts master audio to see if it will pass through into a reciever with linear PCM  processing capability. ?

Where did you find Linear PCM audio option? I cannot see it at optical only neither at HDMI only.

I experience a bug which remains in this firmware.  I have a Topfield PVR.  If I copy the files it produces when recording TV to a hard drive attached to the WDTV Live HD, it happily plays them until I press the fast forward button.  It will progress at 2x or 4x, but if I go to 8x the player stops playing the file.  When I next choose the file to play it returns to the beginning of the file.

Even at 2x and 4x I see the program skipping faster, but when I press the play button, the movie stops playing and again re-choosing the movie jumps me back to the start.

This essentially makes playing such files impossible unless you watch from start to finish without pause, fast forward or stoping.

Auto matching framerate totally screwed, othervise everything else OK.:angry:

well this didn’t work!!! can find dns server now wireless connect all screwed up where’s the roll-back?

For me Tversity still works with no problems> Tversity Pro 1.9.3> * * *
rubikcubic wrote:

yesterday

with this firmware TVersity server going in error -----> Error - Could not execute SQL statement, reason: unrecognized >token: ""

I too have an issue with TVersity. Its my only means for network connectivity because SMB network does not work properly in WD Live  when connecting to  Windows Domain machines, it see servers, but always get No Media Found error when connecting, no matter what guest/everyone permissions I use … please fix SMB network and/or

update your network confiuration to be more robust.

Please fix DLNA such that it works with TVersity. It worked in 1.5, why break it!

Please have option to define audio output based upon each connection. The 1.6 firmware looks promising, but need to be definable on each audio output. If unable to pass through digital audio, downgrade audio to stereo/pcm and pass that through. Have this option separate for HDMI, Optical Out, do not try to combine them.

Because of the DLNA bugs, I’ve had to downgrade to 1.5

Please fix these bugs … they are blant and obvious, WD really needs some decent testers and quality control.

hi there

after upgrade unstallation :

• most files : seems fine , that is - played well as far as video and audio

• navigaton :  seems fine

• language/subtitles :  seems fixed

• “passport” :  is found immediately

• “3tb hdd book” :  is found but it takes a  “minute or so”  [instead of  “seconds”  in previous version , naturally  “no library/indexation” is choosen]

regards

pawson [win7,all updates including hdd book updates  ]

rubikcubic wrote:

yesterday

with this firmware TVersity server going in error -----> Error - Could not execute SQL statement, reason: unrecognized >token: ""

I too have an issue with TVersity. Its my only means for network connectivity because SMB network does not work properly in WD Live  when connecting to  Windows Domain machines, it see servers, but always get No Media Found error when connecting, no matter what guest/everyone permissions I use … please fix SMB network and/or update your network confiuration to be more robust.

Please fix DLNA such that it works with TVersity. It worked in 1.5, why break it!

Please have option to define audio output based upon each connection. The 1.6 firmware looks promising, but need to be definable on each audio output. If unable to pass through digital audio, downgrade audio to stereo/pcm and pass that through. Have this option separate for HDMI, Optical Out, do not try to combine them.

Because of the DLNA bugs, I’ve had to downgrade to 1.5

Please fix these bugs … they are blant and obvious, WD really needs some decent testers and quality control.

Have exactly same error. :cry: Had to downgrade to version 1.05.04_V and it perfectly works. :stuck_out_tongue:

How to downgrade you can find in a knowledge base…

Yesterday I accepted the new firmware as I usually do when my player tells me to, but after a couple of hours, I decided to roll back to version 1.05.04_V.

As mentioned by another user, the option to use audio via HDMI and optical at the same time has been removed. I am using HDMI for my tv and optical for my receiver, and the receiver is only switched on when a movie “deserves” it.

Also, the resume function when stopping/starting (DVD).ISO-files seems to have stopped working.

Threepwood wrote:

Yesterday I accepted the new firmware as I usually do when my player tells me to, but after a couple of hours, I decided to roll back to version 1.05.04_V.

As mentioned by another user, the option to use audio via HDMI and optical at the same time has been removed. I am using HDMI for my tv and optical for my receiver, and the receiver is only switched on when a movie “deserves” it.

Also, the resume function when stopping/starting (DVD).ISO-files seems to have stopped working.

Same here. I need this feature and i will roll back the firm until the problems with the new one is being fixed.

Hi,

I’ve been running 1.04.22 due its stability, but decided to upgrade to this version:

My take on it is:

Pros

Interface is FAST

SWF playback. Weird thing though you can play a file in File Manager if you press Enter. What about the rest of the formats playable from there ?

Bug fixes are great

MPG playback seems to be fixed

CONS

I had to flash it twice. My fault I forgot to set the firmware back to factory defaults.

I still don’t see why its necessary. The firmware upgrade should do that anyway.

It took MUCH MUCH longer to recognise my Samsung 1TB story drive when I connect it.

Takes over two minutes now. It used to be seconds in 1.04.22

The hard drive light flashes like crazy for about a minute and it then starts scanning the drive.

The device interface basically also freezes while it is doing this. It never used to do that previously

I downgraded to 1.04.22 to check and it was MUCH faster.

When I upgraded again it again slowed down.

What about Shoutcast for the Live ? I’m sure I saw the hub now has it.

B-Rads firmware supports it, surely they could’ve added to the TV Live for us as well.

All in all I’m happy with it. Except the slow recognition of drives now.

After I updated yesterday to the 1.06.15 firmware a few problems occured.

First of all my WD Passport drive wasn’t mounted anymore, no matter what I tried (resetting, different cables etc). It’s a 320 GB drive of no more than 3 years old.

Second, in the release notes Dutch language is mentioned to have been added. But upon looking in the language menu, I found many langauges but no Dutch!

Finally, I did a rollback to the previous version of firmware and I could see my drive again.

My question is… What changed in the firmware so that my drive didn’t mount anymore?

After update to 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live, no more usb recognized, making my WD useless.
Can anyone tell me what to buy except WD ?

if you do a rollback, like I did, the usb works well again…

I wil try
thanx

Just updated my WD TV Live now I can’t access network shares. Help!

peteer01 wrote:

The new update broke my WD TV Live.  We used it yesterday with the same 1.5TB 2.5" SeaGate Free Agent GoFlex USB drive that we’ve been using since we picked up the GoFlex in March.  As soon as the firmware was downloaded the USB light on the WD TV Live just blinks very quickly and the HDD never shows up as being available.  The HDD still works fine on my PC and laptop, and the only thing that has changed is the firmware.  This is very frustrating…I have no idea how to download, and just wanted to be able to use the WD TV Live as I always have.

Worse yet, I jump on here and see that if it was working, I wouldn’t be able to use HDMI audio and optical audio at the same time, which is important for me, since I use the TV speakers for showing videos to the kids, but use my MixAmp and headset to watch movies and play games while they’re asleep or when I want the 5.1 surround…

The update destroy my external wd mybook partitions and freeze my sony ex302 tv

pepinoo wrote:

After I updated yesterday to the 1.06.15 firmware a few problems occured.

First of all my WD Passport drive wasn’t mounted anymore, no matter what I tried (resetting, different cables etc). It’s a 320 GB drive of no more than 3 years old.

Second, in the release notes Dutch language is mentioned to have been added. But upon looking in the language menu, I found many langauges but no Dutch!

Finally, I did a rollback to the previous version of firmware and I could see my drive again.

My question is… What changed in the firmware so that my drive didn’t mount anymore?

I discovered (after also thinking my drive wasn’t being detected) that this firmware takes MUCH longer to mount a drive. My Samsung Story 1 TB takes over 2 minutes now. It used to take a couple of seconds.

The drives flashes very fast for about a minute (it never used to do that) and then eventually mounts.

I restarted my player a few times to see if it was a once-off thing for the new firmware.

It almost always takes about 2 minutes.

I rolled back to 1.04.22 and this problem went away.

WD Need to look at this. Its not that much faster to mount a 16GB USB flash drive either.

Plugged in together I  waited quite a while before I could use the player.

Yes, there is a new program. It’s called “Games” and has a page full of little games to play.

Hi people, I don’t know if I’m the only lucky man in the W orl D , but my FW update run like a charme !

• HD WD MyBook 1T recognised instantly (over USB HUB)

• Network Share work fine (USB WI-FI N D-LINK DWA-140)

• USB HUB sitecom CN-060

• wireless keyboard Microsoft ARC work fine too

NOTE:

• I use a old analog SANYO TV via RGB connection, so issue about digital world not tested.

• upgrade from 1.02.21 FW (no other FW in the middle made).

• not yet tested deeply …

• I’m from Italy, so issue about varoius languages or for over-sea product don’t affect me …

• sorry for my rough english …

regards and this time was a good job …