New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

Hi,

i changed my firmware from 1.04.22 to this Version an i can see that now the “match video framerate” set to “on” always output 1080p / 60 Hz, seems like a bug?! With the old 1.04.22 firmware the "match video framerate" works fine and framerate was different by stuff (like 50Hz for TV Record stuff and 24Hz for the movie Stuff with this framerate)

Can you test it and correct?

Anyone see the same?

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards Tomicka

EDIT:

i have the same effect that Azumi describes:

Major Bug here ( Tested European Models ) :

- Match Framerate “ON” doesnt works anymore. Off or on doesnt affects on any Video / MKV / AVI / Mp4 / WMV

- Every PAL Video is played with 60 HZ and 720p ( tested with LG LE5300 TV ) instead of 50HZ having all settings to Auto / MF ON

_no Matter if Source is 1080 or any other Resoluti_on.

I see  tomicka edited the Thread already :slight_smile:

Thx for helping to detect this Major so quick

@Azumi:

yes, i read your post a few seconds ago. Seems like a bug. So i thing i go back to 1.04.22 and wait for a new firmware again :cry:

anyone knows , why deep color mode only  works with 8bit when "match video framerate = on " is selected?

Tomicka

tomicka wrote:

@Azumi:

yes, i read your post a few seconds ago. Seems like a bug. So i thing i go back to 1.04.22 and wait for a new firmware again :cry:

I was really happy till i realized the MF doesnt works. Its an essential Feature so ill  downgrade again too tomorrow. But ill continue testing some more .Perhaps ill find some more new Bugs :slight_smile:

with this firmware TVersity server going in error -----> Error - Could not execute SQL statement, reason: unrecognized token: ""

files not found… impossible to access to the tversitys server…

sorry for my bad english

Is it possible to implement movie sheets and usb hub support in next official firmwares?It will be better for the people that dont want to install a b-rad firmware.

As far as i know usb hub partially works.

I mean that you can connect hub to wd and for example connect to usb hub hdd and keyboard, it should work.

Some users post here about.

Also movie sheets works like folder.jpg ot something similar afaik. 

Just tried updating the firmware and the unit rebooted, and and got stuck at the “Your HD Media player is being upgraded.  Do Not disconnect the power or attached storage.”  And it just sits there at 0% for over 1/2 an hour.  usually only took a couple of min in the past.

I tried resetting the unit after about 35min and it did nothing.  After about 40 min I unpluged the unit and pluged it back in.  just boots up goes to the upgrading firmware page and and shows 0%, and just sits there…

Is there anything else that can be done???

robrt77:   If you’re doing it via the NETWORK, try using a USB device instead.

Doing it via the USB Hard drive.  I copied the three files to the hard drive root directory.  It seemed to do everything correctly up untill it just sat there at 0%.

I did this several times before witout a problem,  even rolled it back once because the older firmware was more stable.

I mean to support usb hub to use more than 2 hard disks the same time.

And for moviesheets like the b-rad.See the folder in down area and up see the details of the movie like this:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5269/buhricparent.jpg

i am in the same boat. stuck at 0% of firmware upgrade. what is the solution?

I did look on the update site and it says:

• Supports Czech, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian and Hungarian languages in the user interface.

Where is the Dutch??? I cannot find it in the list.

Deutsch I found, but that is the German language!!!

So far no other problems, the srt files are still working in the divx files.

Henk0597 wrote:

I did look on the update site and it says:

• Supports Czech, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian and Hungarian languages in the user interface.

Where is the Dutch??? 

You read the release notes but didn’t read the thread.    About about a dozen posts back in the thread, WD says the release notes are in error.

Well, looks like auto frame rate really broken :frowning:

i tried to upgrade to the new firmware; may have bricked my live. never had a problem before upgrading with usb hard drive or network connection. i tried a reset; now i’m stuck on title screen. couldn’t find a solution in the wd knowledge base besides a reset. does anyone else have the same problem with the upgrade? does anyone have a solution? thanks

Just updated mine. Works like a charm so far. Just noticed the option for being able to toggle what audio formats are supported by my reciever in the audio output settings (love it! Especially since my Pioneer receiver seems to be horrifyingly picky about what it actually supports amongst AAC encoded audio, with some stuff working like a charm and other stuff not at all… so finally no more need for backing out to the system menu to toggle stereo downsampling on/off for stuff that have a high probability of misbehaving!)

Random video freezing issues aside in some old encodes I’ve got, there’s one issue that seems to persistantly survive  through all the updates that’ve come out since I first got one of these babies over a year and a half ago; various stuff utilizing Vorbis (OGG?) audio seems to have these annoyingly high-pitched skips/hiccups in the audio every once in a while (causing audio/video desync over time, with audio being delayed). This is a problem that seems to’ve gradually become worse over time, since there’s stuff in my archive (utilizing Vorbis audio) that didn’t have this issue before, but which at some point joined the trend of some older encodes of having this skipping issue.

Yes, Auto Framerate broken. Installed firmware twice and no go. This is one of the most important specs of this unit. Shame. How can they miss this on testing?

anyone tell me if they sorted that pesky background picture out that looks like a 16 colors effort

on composite. yet wierdest thing is it smooths out when it starts playing a movie in that preview window

Autoframerate gone!

Very bad indeed - one of the best features broken. WD should use a checklist for the most crucial functions before getting final with a new firmware. What are you guys doing betas for anyway?

Nontheless, thanks for the update!