New Release - Firmware Version 1.06.15_V for the WD TV Live (8/9/11)

Just out of curiosity, if this is a new release why is the revision # and letter lower??  Is this just a more stable release of the 1.06.x FW?

woodsie wrote:

Just out of curiosity, if this is a new release why is the revision # and letter lower??  Is this just a more stable release of the 1.06.x FW?

This firmware is for the WD TV Live.  The other firmware update is for the Live Plus.  Different devices.

Where is the Hungarian language??? :angry:

please WD implement a parental lock for folders and/or videos. 3 digits would be enough… please please!

Well, feels good.

Small bug in youtube plugin still there:

Create playlist with 2 videos for example, on first video video press Play button (not OK button) while looking first video chooze zoom 0.9x via option menu. When video 2 starts automatically, press option again you will see that zoom is 0.9x, but in reality it’s 1x. So it looks like it’s  updates info for option menu onlly if we move in this meny with < or > 

Looks like same bug now fixed for usual video.

I have updated. All go fine…

By the way…What is FunSpot?¿…i found new icon inside “GAMES” section.

…Curious

MAGICIAN

There was a mistake made on the release notes.  This will be corrected soon.  Norwegian, Swedish and Hungarian languages are not currently supported.

Just gave it a shot and IMO this is the best FW that i’ve seen so far. I can’t find anything wrong with it. Menus are responsive. All my videos plays fine. Media server (PS3 media server) is streaming fine. USB devices fine. Network services fine and responsive. I noticed that FF/FB is quicker and F/B jumps are instantenous now, even by network (make sure you have a fast connection if Wless, N-150 required minimum for HD). The games are a bit dum and basic but as long as it does break anything. So I say the wait was worth it. That’s a keep for me.
Ok lets the **bleep**, moanings start on this firmware release and swearing by people that they will be trowing there player out the window…again and WD engineers are morons. Never occured that most of the time, people have no clue how it works and love venting on this forum. That’s just my opinion of course. :wink:

Factory HW Reset done after Upgrade : Yes

Power cable OFF/ON:   Yes

.wd_tv Folders deleted : Yes 

Major Bug here ( Tested European Models ) :

• Match Framerate “ON” doesnt works anymore. Off or on doesnt affects on any Video / MKV / AVI / Mp4 / WMV

• Every PAL Video is played with 60 HZ and 720p ( tested with LG LE5300 TV ) instead of 50HZ having all settings to Auto / MF ON

no Matter if Source is 1080 or any other Resolution.

Tiny Bug: 10 mins forward on AVI / Xvid is very slow affecting now compared to MKV / Mp4 which is extremely quick now.

Plus Effect:

Quick OS Loading

Mpg2 / .TS fast forward works now ( 10 mins skipping )

In this new firmware I still can’t be able to watch photos and videos in facebook.

Awesome firmware.Thanks wd staff i was waiting for a good firmware a lot of time.This is the best firmware from 1.02.21.

Hi,

i changed my firmware from 1.04.22 to this Version an i can see that now the “match video framerate” set to “on” always output 1080p / 60 Hz, seems like a bug?! With the old 1.04.22 firmware the "match video framerate" works fine and framerate was different by stuff (like 50Hz for TV Record stuff and 24Hz for the movie Stuff with this framerate)

Can you test it and correct?

Anyone see the same?

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards Tomicka

EDIT:

i have the same effect that Azumi describes:

Major Bug here ( Tested European Models ) :

- Match Framerate “ON” doesnt works anymore. Off or on doesnt affects on any Video / MKV / AVI / Mp4 / WMV

- Every PAL Video is played with 60 HZ and 720p ( tested with LG LE5300 TV ) instead of 50HZ having all settings to Auto / MF ON

_no Matter if Source is 1080 or any other Resoluti_on.

I see  tomicka edited the Thread already :slight_smile:

Thx for helping to detect this Major so quick

@Azumi:

yes, i read your post a few seconds ago. Seems like a bug. So i thing i go back to 1.04.22 and wait for a new firmware again :cry:

anyone knows , why deep color mode only  works with 8bit when "match video framerate = on " is selected?

Tomicka

tomicka wrote:

@Azumi:

yes, i read your post a few seconds ago. Seems like a bug. So i thing i go back to 1.04.22 and wait for a new firmware again :cry:

I was really happy till i realized the MF doesnt works. Its an essential Feature so ill  downgrade again too tomorrow. But ill continue testing some more .Perhaps ill find some more new Bugs :slight_smile:

with this firmware TVersity server going in error -----> Error - Could not execute SQL statement, reason: unrecognized token: ""

files not found… impossible to access to the tversitys server…

sorry for my bad english

Is it possible to implement movie sheets and usb hub support in next official firmwares?It will be better for the people that dont want to install a b-rad firmware.

As far as i know usb hub partially works.

I mean that you can connect hub to wd and for example connect to usb hub hdd and keyboard, it should work.

Some users post here about.

Also movie sheets works like folder.jpg ot something similar afaik. 

Just tried updating the firmware and the unit rebooted, and and got stuck at the “Your HD Media player is being upgraded.  Do Not disconnect the power or attached storage.”  And it just sits there at 0% for over 1/2 an hour.  usually only took a couple of min in the past.

I tried resetting the unit after about 35min and it did nothing.  After about 40 min I unpluged the unit and pluged it back in.  just boots up goes to the upgrading firmware page and and shows 0%, and just sits there…

Is there anything else that can be done???

robrt77:   If you’re doing it via the NETWORK, try using a USB device instead.