New Release - Firmware Version 1.05.04_B for WD TV Live Plus (5/17/11)

hi

It seems they work on it [to solve it] ,it is the overall problem widely discussed here.

It seems we must be more patient

regards

pawson

Raihan wrote:

then i rool back to 1.04.31_B , then option menu problem solve but that have bringtness issue.

Any idea how can I solve it…

You can roll back the firmware to an older version. Otherwise wait for the new firmware. You can read the relase notes for each older version and pick the one that is best for your situation. For example, if you roll back to 1.04.22 you will have the VOB stuttering issue, if that is a problem then you can roll back to 1.04.17, etc.

Firmware Rollback

After i attempted to install the new firmware (1.05.04_b) my device went into constant boot loop and now i can not downgrading the firmware, as when i insert a usb with an earlier version ie. wdtvliveplus_rollback_1.03.29_B i get a message saying (insert a USB with WD firmware to recover WDTV) in like 9 different language.  Anyone have a solution for how i can recover my original firmaware and make my device operational again?  

Which USB port did you insert your USB key into? I found the one on the LHS of the unit did not work properly so I downgraded firmware using the USB port at the back of the unit. This worked well. If this fails I would do a reset of the unit (pinhole on LHS) and then try again.

Not sure why the firmware could not be downgraded via the LHS USB port however I did get it working eventually using the port at the back…phew!

Thanks Scandy for you response.

there are some additional problem as well

.ts file format can not run properly , it scrached

and media player get hanged after several time power on & off it work.

here i like to add i dont use internet in my media player .

can you please suggested which version is perfect for my situation to solve all the problem.

thanks for your time

br//

raihan

It is hard to suggest a version because everyone’s situation is different, but v1.03.49 was fairly stable for most of us.

1 Like

There is still no suffle option for videos… When this feature is available ? it is really missing.

To RAIHAN

try the 1.3.49.B version that’s the only one that work great for me

Thanks buzzant & scandy…

Does alot better with the network shares especially with Blu-ray’s… All references listed below will be about Blu-ray .

Problems I find are:

if you have a disk that has multiple episodes it will not work well. It’ll play the first only but gets lost after that.

Seems to be the same if the Blu-ray movie is one movie but is split into 2 or more m2ts files It will start the movie but the sound will be gone and the movie will be racing like it’s trying to catch up or the other effect is it Will play the first file perfectly then go bats when it switches to the second file. Appears as though the WD-Live Plus ignores the menu and looks for the Largest file and figures that is the movie… which is not always the case,especially if it is a multiple episode like Firefly or Alice

The movie Alice played fine until it reached the jump to the next file then fails.

The WDLP really needs a change how it looks at blu-rays and add access to the Disks menu

Also the remote Previous & Next buttons do not work they will just start the movie at the beginning only again when pushed really ticks you off if you accidently hit one of them now you have to  Fast Forward until you get back to where you were.

Thanks hope this gets fixed soon.

Otherwise I love the little machine.

Just to throw my two cents into the mix… I am suffering from the scaling (ratio) problem where after a power recycle it reverts to full screen instead of wide screen.

I am also using the composite out on both my sets ( I still have 2 36" tubes ) and am using  the WD Live Media Player running Firmware 1.05.04_V downstairs and the WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player using Firmware 1.05.04_B upstairs, same problem with both. Reverted both back to 1.04.31_V & 1.04.31B and patiently awaiting the next release…

:angry:

subtitle in the option while the movie is playing ( ex. 1/1 English) is not centered.

Netflix will load but no video or audio.  What am I doing wrong??  Everything is working fine with 1.05.04_B. 

dsm091 wrote:

…  Everything is working fine with 1.05.04_B. 

If it works then what is your problem?

1 Like

I meant except Netflix.  Netflix will load the progression bar but then goes black and no audio or video.

dsm091 wrote:

I meant except Netflix.  Netflix will load the progression bar but then goes black and no audio or video.

If everything else is fine, then there must be something specfic what Netflix needs that your other stuff does not.  So, it would be good to know what are the “other things” that works.

Off hand, I suspect your other things are non-network.  Netflix requires the Internet Connection, where as, other things like playing VOB on attached device does not.  That would be what I look first.  If you can play VOB/mpg over local network, that would mean your LAN is ok whereas your WAN is not.

So, lets start there.  Do you playing anything using the network?

Rick

I installed 1.05.04_B last weekend.  The only issue I’ve run into (granted, I don’t use all the features like Mediafly, etc.) is stuttering of .VOB files played from a network share.  This occurs after a you resume from a fast-forward or -rewind after a few seconds of play.  If I play the .VOB normally, I haven’t run into any issues.

You will have to re-enter your Netflix account info.

Pandora works.  YouTube works.  Facebook works.  I don’t use the rest of the features.

That’s it so far.

Youtube works just fine on the device.  Netflix works on other computers on the same WAN connection.  I am going to throw this device on the DMZ first before we start troubleshooting.  It may be a stupid router or port issue.  I am using CAT 5 run straight into the router.  No wireless to ethernet adapter. It is just the streaming that has issues so it may just be a port issue. 

I will post back my results later tonight. Thanks in advance for the help. 

suggestion to include in an update site to register users receive an email when a new news update. User att Brazil :wink:

1 Like

Well I got everything working last night.  The issues resides in the HDMI via netflix.  It plays just fine on RCA.  I tried two different HDMI cables so I am thinking it has something to do with the Video and or TV.  It is a panasonic viera 42’ plasma.

For now I am using HDMI for everything except Netflix.  Which is fine with me for now.