New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.22_B for WD TV Live Plus (3/8/11)

Cocovanna wrote:

Regardless, the WD box should stay set at the resolution, frequency, and colorspace values that I set. Why is the WD box trying to set a different output resolution when I have already set it manually to what I want it to be? 

Indeed it should, and I’m sure it’s a bug. My WD ignores the setting too when powercycled and reverts to 720p. Fortunately, I can use the Auto setting instead as my EDID data are correct (implying that EDID is NOT used when choosing 720p after powercycling when not set to Auto).

Cocovanna

That is interesting…if EDID is not used when the resolution and color space are set manually, then there is no reason why the WD box will not power up correctly, except that it does not remember the video settings when turned off/on (or somehow the software is corrupting the video setting values that it is trying to save). 

I think that the reason that this bug is not being fixed (or even acknowledged by WD) is that most people can get hdmi to work by using the Auto setting (as it does for you). So even though it is a serious bug, not remembering the video resolution and color space when powercycling is not on WDs list of things to fix.

We need more people to complain to WD about this bug!