New Firmware Release - WD TV Live Plus Firmware Version 1.03.49_B (11/16/10)

Just got the update notification an hour or so ago, so I went ahead and did it.

Still having HDMI issues with my Vizio M260VA;

No sound at all over HDMI and Neflix starts up fine, but when I try to actuall try to play something I get a black screen and no audio. 

Maybe next time?

richUK wrote:

Version 1.03.49_B:   

Resolved Issues: 

•  Resolved 12 bit color depth has no effect. 

On my unit, this is resolved by the Plus refusing to enable 12-bit color. :smiley:

I’m not that bothered (after all, it achieves nothing when there is no media available to take advantage of it).  Just curious whether anyone else has successfully enabled it.

PixelPower wrote:

richUK wrote:

Version 1.03.49_B:   

Resolved Issues: 

•  Resolved 12 bit color depth has no effect. 

On my unit, this is resolved by the Plus refusing to enable 12-bit color. :smiley:

I’m not that bothered (after all, it achieves nothing when there is no media available to take advantage of it).  Just curious whether anyone else has successfully enabled it.

I have a LG TV and I can enable it. However I see no difference.  

richUK wrote:

However I see no difference.  

Then it’s working. :smileyvery-happy:

Hi,

Tonight, when I turned on my WDTV Live Plus, it opened a notice screen about new firmware availability. I accepted the upgrade and it seemed ok at first. But when watching a movie I was taken by surprise by the screen saver logo after a while (the sound didn´t stop as the movie was going on behind the wd logo). I pressed OK on the remote and the image came back. Then, exactly 5 min later, the same issue, and again, and again… 5 minutes has always been my screen saver configuration idle time and this weird behavior never occured before. How can I fix this? I just can´t use it without screen saver in order to avoid burn in in my plasma TV.

Anyone has a guess? Or should I return to good old 1.03.39???

Thanks for any response,

Luis

I’m being offered 1.03.49_B when I start up WDTV Live Plus.  I’m happy with the current firmware and don’t want to upgrade. Is there a way to turn off the notice of an available firmware upgrade everytime I start up? Before getting the WDTV I used a Samsung bd-p3600 Blu-ray dvd for streaming.  Got tired of the firmware messages and finally let it do the upgrade over the internet…  It is now an expensive door stop. (or a brick as it is more commonly called)

Thanks

You could always block it in your firewall…

Ca

can you tell us how? What ip to block? Thk

Block your WDTV from accessing the site:

That IP address may change from time to time, though, in fact, it may have multiple IPs…

TODAY, it is 129.253.170.35.

Have fun;  if you block that, you’ll never be reminded AGAIN (but it may have other unknown uses, too, so don’t blame me!)

I posted this in the other thread related to WD HD Live.  Did not see this thread.

Release notes include:

----    Resolved MKV playback issues relating to mkvmerge. 

Which playback issue?  No Audio from an MKV file due to using compression?

Also, someone reported that DTS is not working.  Can someone confirm this?

I am running into no problems on my WD HD Live Plus units with this firmware.

Lunar07 wrote:

I posted this in the other thread related to WD HD Live.  Did not see this thread.

Release notes include:

----    Resolved MKV playback issues relating to mkvmerge. 

Which playback issue?  No Audio from an MKV file due to using compression?

Yes, you can now use the latest MKVmerge and have header compression on. Ironically the latest version allows you to turn off header compression by default in the options.

Finally an update, yet they still haven’t fixed the resume after wdtv has been turned off :confused: bah

Let the box do it’s upgrade, now it has issues. So far found… There is NO audio on Netflix using the optical cable anymore. What happened? Hard reset and hard reboot to no avail. Also network media shares now just sit idle and/or eventually Freeze the box. I have to hard boot it. When and if they work (only got it to play once) the optical audio worked fine here… How can I back rev this box as this is worthless so far. This load needs a major overhaul please…edit…OK, got it back rev’d to the last beta (changed ver# to be greater than the newest in the .ver file)  and everything is back working.

I notice no difference between this and 1.03.43 beta. One comment: if you get error messages about “no media” or “cannot connect to network”, back out and try again after a few seconds. This box is SLOW starting up and you need to be patient sometimes.

Hi there, since a few Beta updates I’m heving sound problems on some MP4’s / Youtube video’s. Sound start OK but after a minute it turns off. After about 30 secs it comes back but turns off again after a while…

Does anyone else have this problem ?

eppoman wrote:

Hi there, since a few Beta updates I’m heving sound problems on some MP4’s / Youtube video’s. Sound start OK but after a minute it turns off. After about 30 secs it comes back but turns off again after a while…

Does anyone else have this problem ?

Can you post links to the YouTube videos that exhibit the issue? For the MP4 files, you’ll need to post a MediaInfo output of one of the problem files. There are too many audio codecs to have any chance of troubleshooting or comparing blindly. :wink:

digital audio setting produces no sound,  I have to use  stereo to hear out of my TV.

SetupL WD TV Live plus connected via HDMI to Panasonic S2 Viera Plasma,  optical cable to 5.1 Headphones

Do I neeed to have a receiver with HDMI input  in order to use digital sound on my TV?

If your TV can’t decode DTS and AC3 and AAC (which is most of them), then yes, you’d need a receiver to get anything other than stereo.

Any files that use AAC Digital sound no longer works. Everything was working just fine (well, sound wise anyways) before the upgrade. How can I fix this?

Restoring to factory defaults seems to have fixed my audio issues. Now I just hope that I can consistently access my network shares from now on with the new firmware.