New Firmware Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.03.49_V (11/16/10)

Well aren’t you special! Did you have to modify the Win registry or do any of the other “hacks”? Also, are you running it wired or wireless to the WD?

My “Media servers” work fine, it’s just the “Network shares” that are no longer detected. Which are you using?

WDTV-User wrote:

Please rape no longer the German language.

Why now when you are raping the English langauge?

Stone_Age wrote:

Well aren’t you special! Did you have to modify the Win registry or do any of the other “hacks”? Also, are you running it wired or wireless to the WD?

My “Media servers” work fine, it’s just the “Network shares” that are no longer detected. Which are you using?

Assuming you are talking to me. No I have not touched the registry. Wired. Network shares.

Stone_Age wrote:

Did you have to modify the Win registry or do any of the other “hacks”?

Nope… just never installed the Sign-In Assistant, Live Essentials 2011, or any other Microsoft ■■■■ that I don’t want.  Network Shares still work like a charm, despite the known Samba bug.

In fact, as soon as I found out about the Samba problem, I double-checked that Windoze wasn’t going to install any updates on me without my permission, so that my NetShares would continue working until WD could incorporate a patched, newer Samba into the FW.

Hmmm maybe the problem has to do with me being wireless. I don’t think I’ve installed Live Essentials or Sign-in Assistant either, but I’ll double check.

updated mine yesterday, haven’t done much testing as yet but everything seemed to be working ok.  Had a bit of a problem with the “audio without HDMI” option but haven’t worked out why.  I wonder if all the rants are more to do with the failure to reconfigure computers and WDTV Live or correctly updating, before going on a rant.  I bought this cause I’ve had faith in WD and have many of their products, this one needs to work and I hope WD continue to make improvements and not destroy their reputation with me and likely thousands of others.

Keep the good work up, enjoying the product and hope to see futher improvements (soon).

TonyPh12345 wrote:

WDTV-User wrote:

Sure. …and the German customers are idiots. 

Look.   You called them LIARS (which is a very strong insult) and you are simply WRONG.  They didn’t say they fixed every translation issue, so there is no lie.  

Let’s agre on this: The German translation is ridiculous. I am happy to fix it for WD, they only have to send the word list/xml fies.

whattheheck wrote:

WDTV-User wrote:

Please rape no longer the German language.

Why now when you are raping the English langauge?

Oh, come on, he s trying. But WD translates “bit” with the German word “little bite” (as in biting off a piece of bread). How stupid can you get?

I have a problem with this update. the videos have become so smooth that movies look like tv series. something like a 120hz xmoothing effect. is there any way to turn this off?

its making me go crazy. i hate this effect.

I’ve downgraded to the 1.02.21 now I have my shared folders back. My Samba version is 3.0.24.

WD, pls communicate a statement or a workaround for this problem. And NO I don’t want to upgrade my samba server

New update made my machine unstable. 1.02.21 worked great, now how do i roll back???

Darwincox wrote:

New update made my machine unstable. 1.02.21 worked great, now how do i roll back???

read this topic from the beginning. There is a link to the downgrade package on 3d or 4th page

Cusco wrote:

Ok, I installed this firmware and I think everything is working more or less, even I didn’t test on the Network.

One thing I notice is that on 1080p24hz, the menus are pretty slow.

I don’t think anyone answered you… 

Yes, the animations are slower because the framerate is slower.   The animations are done one frame at a time, and if the frame rate is cut by more than half, then the animations will take about twice as long to complete.    Not pretty, but that’s at least an explanation of WHY.  

Well almost all looks good but:

wdtvlive+mypassport 320gb - turned off after music listening via remote control.

On next day i cannot turn it on via remote, only ac power disconnect helps.

Menu navigation slow, but sometimes it’s animation faster as on previous release.

After hard reset, when it’s rebooted menu freeze about 20 seconds.

WDTV-User wrote:Show here:> http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/German-localization/td-p/9957> February 2010

Thread is locked.

WDTV-User wrote:

kraemer_sg wrote:

WDTV-User wrote:Show here:> http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/German-localization/td-p/9957> February 2010

Thread is locked.

Yes, And that means:

The developers are not interested.

No it means that the thread got out of hand.

with this update I can’t view my subtitles .mov, What can I do?