New Firmware Release - Firmware Version 1.04.10_V for WD TV Live (11/22/10)

avicom wrote:

First: Why!?

Why shold I, the customer, do the testing for WD? Why shoud I, the customer, spend hours and hours to do the testing and write reports of that?

I used to be a programmer. Nowadays I am the owner of software company, so I dont write code so much than I used to do, but I would never accept such a byggy piece of software to be sent out of my small company. Never.

For your question. No, you don’t have to do anything. If the device isn’t working you can return it and then move along.

I get the feeling that you blame WD making a buggy software and use us for their lab rats. If so, you haven’t seen the rest.

I came to this forum because I had problems with my device and returning it wasn’t the thing I wanted. I like the product, so I registered and tried to find a solution.

I think at least a few percent of us feels the same and only came here because they like the product and didn’t want to return it and to use a different device/brand.

Of course among others we have here the beginners, whiners, tech gurus, avarage Janes and  Joes, and the small groups of ppl who are trying to make the forum as a combat field (the dark side of the human mind is trying to take off, I believe).

1 Like