Latest Update on WDTV HD Media Player

I just bought a WDTV HD Media Player . How do I know what is the latest update which is already on my Media Player

(with other words, how do I know which  updates do I have to download to be up-to-date).

1 Like

Possum wrote:

I just bought a WDTV HD Media Player . How do I know what is the latest update which is already on my Media Player

(with other words, how do I know which  updates do I have to download to be up-to-date).

Have you got the WDTV HD or the WDTV Live. If it is the live then there will be a ‘about’ screen in the menu which tells you which firmware is installed. The live will also nag you to update if you are connected to the internet and have an old firmware.

From a quick look at the WDTV HD manual the ‘about’ screen seems to be in the ‘system’ menu.

If you have a WDTV HD don’t  forget there are two versions (gen1 and gen2) each with their own firmware and then of course there is also the WDTV LIve.

richUK wrote:

Possum wrote:

Have you got the WDTV HD or the WDTV Live. If it is the live then there will be a ‘about’ screen in the menu which tells you which firmware is installed. The live will also nag you to update if you are connected to the internet and have an old firmware.

From a quick look at the WDTV HD manual the ‘about’ screen seems to be in the ‘system’ menu.

If you have a WDTV HD don’t  forget there are two versions (gen1 and gen2) each with their own firmware and then of course there is also the WDTV LIve.

Thanks for your reply.  I definitely don’t have WDTV Live.  However, meanwhile I’ve learned that I most  probably have

the Gen 1 Version.  I had a look at my settings and its says that I have the Firmware Version 1.02.07. But this does tell me the version.

I must say, it is not easy to find  out which version I bought. Thought that WD would  make it easier and would save

customers the guess work.  Saying that, I might have overlooked the obvious. :wink:

Possum wrote:

richUK wrote:

Possum wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I definitely don’t have WDTV Live.  However, meanwhile I’ve learned that I most  probably have

the Gen 1 Version.  I had a look at my settings and its says that I have the Firmware Version 1.02.07. But this does tell me the version.

I must say, it is not easy to find  out which version I bought. Thought that WD would  make it easier and would save

customers the guess work.  Saying that, I might have overlooked the obvious. :wink:

You have a WDTV HD gen1  (model:WDAVN00)

The firmware updates are

· Version 1.03.01 

· Version 1.02.07 

· Version 1.02.00 

· Version 1.01.02 

· Version 1.01.01 

So you can upgrade to 1.03.01 - firmware upgrade link below:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/wdtv/

The WDTV HD gen2  (model:WDBABF0000NBK)

had firmware updates:

· Version 1.01.77 

· Version 1.01.75