Bugs in Firmware Version 1.04.10_V -- Summary only

First post on this forum, copied last post (rolli-d’s) that was actually a list, as I understand it’s what should be done. Contribution on top in red + bugs from the list that bug me on top in yellow.

• Lost the ability to zoom when playing an .iso (since menus are available I think).

• When playing DVD and hit pause, after resume, the info bar does not go away.

• Only US Layout for USB keyboard

• Network shares issues (more often than not works, but sometimes freezes and I have to make a hard reboot -unplugging/plugging mains- the only option. And I’ve tried waiting 5+ minutes!)

• Digital Audio via HDMI, DTS and DD 5.1 does not work (possibly an EDID issue). 1.02.21 did not have this issue

• Playon does not work

• MKV files seems to stutter

• User interface translation issues, especially into German

• 12 bit color problems

• 24 Hz problems, Menus slow, color banding

• Fade in/out broken

• Audio too loud and distorted

• Box keeps starting at 720p (On mine that just the lowest compatability start splash screen, after boot it’s in correct mode)

• foldersymbols in the middle of the thumbs (annoying!)

• Screen Alignment problem on a 4:3 TV when using Flingo and facebook - the far left and right of the screen are cutoff.

• Cant skip to the next/previous song in a Deezer playlist.

• Flingo freezes when browsing channels

• DVD Navigation - Progress bar does not hide after skipping chapters

• Login Problems with mediafly - login, power off and then go back to media fly and select My Channels and you’ll get a no media in current folder message

• Login Problems with Deezer- login, power off and then go back to deezer and select My music->playlists and you get a get a no media in current folder message

• Menu navigation sometimes still slow, but after some time of watching movie it’s become faster.

• It’s slow react on enter button (on 1.03.49 was faster) when moving in settings or watch movie, sometimes need push it twice. 

• Animation of pics while menu navigations is strange, like garbage from another pictures while moving.

• After starting play avi xvid file, push option button, option menu appear and icon of audiotracks have info: no audiochannel, but if i move menu < or > then it show correct audioinfo

• While watching movie menu that appear after pushing option is not translated (wdtv is set to russian menu language)

• File manager is broken. I try delete from usb hdd folder with 3 files inside, first problem, no highlight of action icons. When first 2 files was deleted, indication hangs. Only back batton allow go out from it.

• Problems while audio channel switching, sometimes it switch on wrong channel but it show in menu right channel. Sometimes while switching sound out of sync.

• On another forum people have problem: Start dvd watching from smb share via dvd menu - it’s slow. But if start dvd via play button without dvd menu all goes fine.

• issues playing some avi files

• freezing when using flingo

• jerky playback on Tekzilla

• slow responsiveness when using pause/play/ffw (flingo)

• When displaying photos, the black level sent to the TV is much higher than it was in version 1.02.21. Pictures look washed out and over exposed.

• Setting the display resolution to 1080p/24Hz/12 bit with any color space setting (RGB High, RGB Low, or YCbCr) causes distinctive banding on the blue menu background. This color banding disappears when switching to 1080p/60Hz /12 bit.

• The HDMI output option for 1080p 23.976 Hz has been removed.

• Display resolution defaults to 720p after AC power has been removed for a few hours.

• Display resolution defaults to 720p 60Hz from 1080p 50Hz after device has been in standby mode for one day.

• Fast forward (>4 times, or skip 10 minutes) on transport stream files results in playaback starting from the beginning.

• Fast forward with some DivX videos results in playback starting from the beginning. Using USB HDD.

• Vorbis audio has very annoying and frequent intermittent pops and clicks. I have videos (MKV: x264, vorbis) that previously played fine, but now the audio gets the previously mentioned pops and clicks noises throughout the video - it gets worse the longer you play the video.

• Playback of a video has problems with AC3 audio. With starting it has “electronic” noise “click”/“scratch”. Also after resuming or continuing playback after pause. Didn’t happen with version 1.02.21.

• Open Network Share isn’t available for WD TV Live. Worked before version 1.03.49_V and 1.04.10_V.

• Screen Saver does not function when a Video file is paused.

• subtitle setting never stays ON and after few hours (randomly) it goes back to OFF (default).

• Network-performance droped compared to former firmware versions → result: stuttering playback of high bitrate videos on low bandwidth-networks (such as WLAN, DLAN)

• Incorrect subtitle color palette for embedded sub/idx subtitles in mkv (external subtitle palettte is correct)

• File manager is broken. I try delete from usb hdd folder with 3 files inside, first problem, no highlight of action icons. When first 2 files was deleted, indication hangs. Only back batton allow go out from it

• [File Manager] In addition, when trying to move a file from one Hdd to another (USB1 to USB2) using Settings\File Management, the status indication also hangs on 100%, does not report the operation as successfully completed, and only the back button allows you to go out from it.

• USB Keyboard controls are lagging; seems to wait until input is displayed (e.g. passwords) or current onscreen animation (e.g. moving from Video to Audio) finishes before accepting new input.

• HDMI RGB level setting is not remembered, maybe limited to HDMI-DVI cable connections. RGB level gets reset t to “RGB High” every time unit is powered on, resluting in black crush.
    • Sometimes audio not heard through TOSC however sent through HDMI. Audio setting "digital passthrough optical only’ selected. seems to be AC3 2.0 files
    • When Playing .M2TS files, first there is no sound for a certain time, then the picture freezes and the sound is beeing played. Than sound and pictures are synchronous.
    • .ISO Files are working, .VOB files are stuttering
    • Stuttering of files on the network (e.g. MKV) which worked properly before