Bugs in Firmware Version 1.04.10_V -- Summary only

I was running one of the Beta builds - 1.03.35 and it was working well. I want to report the following bugs when navigating to Media Servers

Select Media Server from the main menu and I select my windows 7 DVR:

1. *wtv and *.dvr-ms files are both listed even though the box will not play *.wtv files - this bug was re-introduced as the previous build would hide the *wtv files in the shares as well

2. Playback via Media Server results in weird behavior - FF will sometimes lock up; other times the show will play audio and no video - just the spinning blue circle. Moving to home menu and audio is still playing and at some point unit will reboot.

3. Playing through share seems to be fine

Personally, i used to give WD and the benefit of the doubt, but this is by far the worst software release I have ever seen. Couple that with bugs that have plagued the unit since it launched and I think i will start returning these half backed products.

I wanted a simple media extender for my DVR - just stream my windows files - and the unit fails. Costco had them with a HDMI cable for less then $100 and I avoided getting another one. It is going to be another year or two before any of these guys figure out that software development is not an after thought.