Bugs in Firmware Version 1.04.10_V -- Summary only

Don’t think anyone understood what the OP was intending here. I was going to point out that the latest version has a problem playing Vorbis audio, so going by what the OP said, I should copy the previous complaints and add the Vorbis complaint at the end. LIke so:

• Digital Audio via HDMI, DTS and DD 5.1 does not work (possibly an EDID issue). 1.02.21 did not have this issue

• Playon does not work

• MKV files seems to stutter

• Network shares issues (please specify in more detail)

• User interface translation issues, especially into German

• 12 bit color problems

• 24 Hz problems, Menus slow, color banding

• Fade in/out broken

• Audio too loud and distorted

• Box keeps starting at 720p (On mine that just the lowest compatability start splash screen, after boot it’s in correct mode)

• foldersymbols in the middle of the thumbs (annoying!)

• When playing DVD and hit pause, after resume, the info bar does not go away.

• Screen Alignment problem on a 4:3 TV when using Flingo and facebook - the far left and right of the screen are cutoff.

• Cant skip to the next/previous song in a Deezer playlist.

• Flingo freezes when browsing channels

• DVD Navigation - Progress bar does not hide after skipping chapters

• Login Problems with mediafly - login, power off and then go back to media fly and select My Channels and you’ll get a no media in current folder message

• Login Problems with Deezer- login, power off and then go back to deezer and select My music->playlists and you get a get a no media in current folder message

• Menu navigation sometimes still slow, but after some time of watching movie it’s become faster.

• It’s slow react on enter button (on 1.03.49 was faster) when moving in settings or watch movie, sometimes need push it twice. 

• Animation of pics while menu navigations is strange, like garbage from another pictures while moving.

• After starting play avi xvid file, push option button, option menu appear and icon of audiotracks have info: no audiochannel, but if i move menu < or > then it show correct audioinfo

• While watching movie menu that appear after pushing option is not translated (wdtv is set to russian menu language)

• File manager is broken. I try delete from usb hdd folder with 3 files inside, first problem, no highlight of action icons. When first 2 files was deleted, indication hangs. Only back batton allow go out from it.

• Problems while audio channel switching, sometimes it switch on wrong channel but it show in menu right channel. Sometimes while switching sound out of sync.

• On another forum peoples have problem: Start dvd watching from smb share via dvd menu - it’s slow. But if start dvd via play button without dvd menu all goes fine.

• issues playing some avi files

• freezing when using flingo

• jerky playback on Tekzilla

• slow responsiveness when using pause/play/ffw (flingo)

• When displaying photos, the black level sent to the TV is much higher than it was in version 1.02.21. Pictures look washed out and over exposed.

• Setting the display resolution to 1080p/24Hz/12 bit with any color space setting (RGB High, RGB Low, or YCbCr) causes distinctive banding on the blue menu background. This color banding disappears when switching to 1080p/60Hz /12 bit.

• The HDMI output option for 1080p 23.976 Hz has been removed.

• Display resolution defaults to 720p after AC power has been removed for a few hours.

• Fast forward (>4 times, or skip 10 minutes) on transport stream files results in playabck starting from the beginning.

• Vorbis audio has very annoying and frequent intermittent pops and clicks. I have videos (MKV: x264, vorbis) that previously played fine, but now the audio gets the previously mentioned pops and clicks noises throughout the video - it gets worse the longer you play the video.

-OP, feel free to comment if this is not what you were intending.

As a side note; It would be really great if WD would make this a standard bug reporting layout for future firmware screw ups. For as many months as this took to come out and to have so many problems is really pathetic.

Of course, the 48-page threads to report problems is even more pathetic. Do you really expect me to read 48 pages to see if someone has already posted my problem. I say, “Come on!!!”