Honored Contributor
PixelPower

Re: 1.0.17 MP4 Audio Sync

junkman wrote:

they must not read what  is posted on here

This is a Community Support forum, which means WD support don't read the forums at all and the only support you get here is from other WD users.

AFAIK, not even the moderators have any interaction with WD support, so a rant, question or request for clarification on any of these forums is truly a waste of time as no official response will be given.

We're all in the same boat waiting for the next update and hoping it's a bug-fix release, at least fixing the broken MP4 container support (isn't a codec issue as the AV streams work fine within an MKV container).  On the plus side, I'm now really good at extracting streams, finding / editing subs and making fully functional MKV files.  Owning a WD TV Live is truly an educational experience.  :smileyvery-happy:

Grant
WD TV Live SMP :: WD TV Live Hub :: WD Livewire :: WD MyBookLive 1TB
Occasional Advisor
xturkix

i have same issue, and hope WD respect us and fix it ASAP

Occasional Visitor
dns-323

I don't usually post on these boards; however I was good to see that I was not the only one that was having this issue. I actually got through to second level support on two separate cases for this issue. The resolution for both of them was that Engineering was aware of the issue and it would likely be fixed in a firmware upgrade. I asked for a timeline and they would not give one to me. It is good to know that at least they have accepted it as a bug.  They told me if I could not wait that I should return my box to the retailer for a refund.  I did include a link to this and another thread complaining about this issue in the case so that they could see that it was happening to lots of people that were not happy about it.

Honored Contributor
PixelPower

Thanks for the heads-up.  :smileyhappy:

Did some playing around today and discovered that their MP4 container support also has broken digital passthru (AAC and AC3 5.1 gets downmixed to stereo, always).

As with the sync issue, re-muxing the streams to MKV fixes it.  Wonder if they're aware of it..

Grant
WD TV Live SMP :: WD TV Live Hub :: WD Livewire :: WD MyBookLive 1TB
Frequent Advisor
wolfmanii

Checkout the link in the firmware section about the 1.017 firmware. The mod has confirmed that WD are aware of 'major issues' and working on a solution. The timeline for this new firmware in a few weeks.

Advisor
Ubuntux

The timeline for this new firmware in a few weeks.

The WD People working to slow. I think we are all Beta testers. When were is no update till the end of february i sell my WD live at the bay.

Unterstützung für ARD/ZDF mediathek
http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Add-national-TV-providers-like-ARD-ZDF-Mediathek/idi-p/6371
Valued Contributor
kpapamar

Yes, same problem. I get audio skips that last about half a second periodically when I play mp4 files on my wd live tv. This just seems like a file compatability issue. Should be something they can fix via firmware update!

Honored Contributor
mkelley

Have you tried the newest firmware?  Some people are reporting it fixes their issues with MP4 files (I can't say since I'm not going to update right now nor do I use these file types).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Occasional Advisor
themikea

The newest firmware 1.02.21 did not fix the issue. Still having sync issues with mp4/aac files.  Had to downgrade all the way to 1.01.00 to fix it.  I've only had this unit for a few days, and already starting to regret buying it.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD