Filter by Movies (similar to TV show)

by ‎01-07-2012 07:32 PM - edited ‎01-07-2012 07:34 PM

Hi!

This idea is something that has been brought up in the regular forum but I cannot find it in the ideas section. It is an incredibly simple concept that involves adding an extra option to the filter section (green button). As we use the filter option when viewing "My Media Library" we have the option to see all media or only TV shows (among others).

The option when viewing only tv shows is perfectly made where every tv show shows up as one entry where you can enter and browse seasons and so on. However, when using filter mode "All" this function seems corrupt/missing which shows every single episode as a single entry in the list.

If we take one of the most popular tv shows, LOST , as an example, it has 121 episodes covering 6 seasons. So if I have ALL episodes of this show, it will take up 121 slots on the list before you reach the next entry when viewing "All". This fact, coupled with the fact that there is no current way to filter for movies only, makes it a nightmare for someone who has a Media Library full of movies AND tv shows.

So in summarizing the idea, I propose an additional filter setting that allows us to only show Movies so that we can separatetly view them from TV Shows.

Thank you in advance!

Comments
by on ‎01-08-2012 03:57 PM

This is a really crucial aspect that wouldn't be hard at all to accomplish for the developers. It's a real deal breaker for me, since I have all episodes of like 20 TV-series. That makes unbearable for me to scroll through my media library for movies. Since they are categorized as movies when fetching content info, it shouldn't be a problem at all to add a separate movie filter.

Please look in to this. Thanks! 

by Staff on ‎03-05-2012 04:24 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

by on ‎04-22-2012 10:05 AM

I second the idea. Currently, to see the movies with metadata you can only use the "view all" filter. Wich brings all the tv shows episodes individually, making scroll from movie to movie a pain. 

The implementation filter should be very easy. Seing that there is a "TV shows" filter. A movies filter should be equal to "=no tv shows".

The colosest "solution" is to use the folder filter and have separated movies and tvshows, but the implementation is very poor since you cant see metadata from the folder view, and you have to enter each individual movie folder to see its data. (Folder metadata view is also asked in the ideas section)

Thanks

by on ‎06-03-2012 11:49 PM

I also miss the "movies only"-filter. That's exactly the reason I currently don't add my tv shows to the library. I would appreciate that feature so much.

by ‎12-26-2012 09:53 PM - edited ‎12-26-2012 09:55 PM

This is DEFINITELY needed and would make life so much easier. As it stands now, I have to leave off my TV share because it clutters the heck outta my grid listing with all the episodes(I use the "All" because I have multiple movie shares that I wanna see as one).

PLEASE add this. It should be a very simple addition since you already can filter for TV only.

by on ‎01-04-2013 03:51 PM

I would love this too - OR a different home screen menus for TV Shows and Movies

by on ‎01-11-2013 12:02 AM

It makes me sad that this is only acknowledged.... media library is great... and would be incredible if they had separate movies and tv section... they scrape separately even!!!!

Announcements
Please click on News and Announcements for the latest announcements.

For a list of our Idea Exchanges, please click here.

Idea Statuses explained here.
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD