A PC Database like Itunes to manage filles and metadata

by on ‎12-12-2011 09:15 AM

I dont know if anything like this was proposed but i have gone back about as far as I care to see.

What I am looking for is a PC program similar to Itunes format but with added features we would find useful.

I have numerous portable hard drives and use each for different files. With a database i would like to be able to see all my files loaded on one database. Music, videos.  photos would be nice but for me unneccesary. and for videos separate db's for tv and Movies. I would like the ability to use the same metadata sources used in Live SMP  and be able to edit the way the files are labeled so for my tv shows I can add the zero to the 1-9 episodes and for the movies in 2 or 3 parts being able to see which is the first or second or third by being able to edit the displayed movie title info.

I would also like to increase my collection with additional drives and be able to add to the database drive labeling to identify which drive has what file.

so is there anything anyone knows of that would fit the bill?

or

is there anyone out there That could make one?

Idea submitted for voting.
Comments
by Moderator on ‎09-20-2013 02:39 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged
Idea submitted for voting.
Announcements
Please click on News and Announcements for the latest announcements.

For a list of our Idea Exchanges, please click here.

Idea Statuses explained here.
Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD