Where can i find older software for HD MEDIA PLAYER (Gen1)?

i have the 1.03 version but i have many freezing :angry:

some mkv videos not started…and some others had no audio…the same videos plays fine on my pc.

i think 1.02 version had less problems.

Those .mkv videos you’ve downloaded won’t play under any version of the firmware.

All you can do is fix them yourself with MKVmerge, setting compression to “none” for all tracks within the .mkv file.

sorry…i mean Firmware…:wink:

and something alse…if my hard disk (1T WD) is all most full…the freezing is normal ?

where can i find this MKVmerge?

it is the same MKVtoolnix software?

Yes, mkvmerge is one of the parts of the mkvtoolnix package.

As for the HD, it depends on how full “almost full” is, and exactly what “freezing” you’re experiencing.

i find it!!!

but i dont know how it works…

any way my HD is 90% full !!!

some times when i see movie…play-freezing-play-freezing…when i pause and play the movie works fine…!!!

sorry for my english…it is not so good…!!!

1. Download MKVToolnix (if you haven’t already)

2. Download MKVFix

Run MKVfix.exe.  It should scan all your files and fix any that have header compression.

i download both of them !

but i dont know how it works…

what it can do the first programm and what the second ?

regards

The first one (MKVtoolnix) you don’t need to run for this… you just have to have it.

If you click on the second one to run it (after the “Publisher can’t be verified” screen) you should see a screen like this.  Click “Run Search”:

It should pop open a file requester asking you where the files are that you want to check.  Navigate to what folder has the movies you want to fix and click “Ok”:

It may take a while to scan, depending on how many movies are being checked…

When the scan is done, you just need to click “Clean Files”:

“Clean Files” is ghosted out for me, because all my files are ok.  If I click the “Log” tab, it tells me “0 files need remuxing”:

For you, when the “Clean Files” has done its magic, all the files in that folder will now play on your WDTV without locking it up.

But, after the previous lockups,  I would reset the WDTV before trying to play anything on it.

YOU ARE THE BEST MY FRIEND !!!

I DID IT !!!

IT PLAYS ALL THE MOVIES WHO DONT START !!!

now…what i can do, with other software mkvmerge GUI ?

Well, the program you ran (MKVFix.exe) automatically ran MKVmerge for each file so that you didn’t have to do it.  So at this point you don’t have to do anything with it – you just needed to have it installed so that MKVFix could call it up.

But, what it does is takes video files (it will accept a wide range of input formats) and “multiplex” them into a .mkv file.

So what you can do with it is things like:

• turn other types of video files into .mkv files
  • embed subtitles into a video file
  • add chapters to a video file
  • remove languages/subtitles from existing .mkv files

A complete tutorial in using it an all its features is somewhat beyond the scope of this messageboard.  All I can really do is point you to the guide to mkvmerge GUI.

thank you very much my friend!!!

you help me a lot !!!

now…what about my mkv movies…most 1080p when they plays…some times plays in slowmotion with no audio ?

my player had the problem ?

Regards :slight_smile:

something last…where can i download older firmwares ?

i cant find on wdc.support :mansad:

i see only the last 1.03…

regards

I found these online, after a brief search:

To get the device to install an older firmware than what you currently have on it, after you unzip the firmware package you’ll need to edit the _ wdtv.ver _ file in Notepad.

You say you currently have 1.03.01 installed.  Therefore, if you want to install 1.02.07 (as an example), you’d need to unzip the 1.02.07 package, and edit the wdtv.ver file to something higher than 1.03.01.

For example, change:

VERSION=‘1.02.07’
to
VERSION=‘1.03.07’

and then re-save the file, replacing the old one.

When the Firmware files are now installed on the root of an attached USB device, your WDTV will peek at the .ver file, and see that the firmware files are “newer” than what you currently have installed, and it will come up with the “New Firmware Found… Do you want to install it?” thing.

Once you have changed the firmware, you will want to remove the update files from your USB device, or else it will keep telling you that it has found new firmware.

THANKS!!!:wink: