Wd media player and mks files problems

Hi 

I have problems in playing MKV files with WD media player. It clearly plays in the computer but when i attempted to play in the TV with WD player - There won’t be any video or aduio.After that the media plyer stops playing any other videos in the hard drive.So i have to reset the plyer to play other files. Any one had similar problem and got ove rit? please give some advice.

Thanks.

Either update the firmware or re-encode all your files so that they no longer use compression in the headers.

… Are you in the right forum?   

As RG explains, header compression isn’t supported in the older WDTV HD media players (both Gen1 and Gen2)

It IS supported in the WDTV Live, Live+, and Live Hub.

If you have a Live, Live+ or Hub, Please post the full TEXT output of MEDIAINFO for such a file.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net

ID/String : 1 Format : AVC Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec Format_Profile : High@L4.1 Format_Settings_CABAC/String : Yes Format_Settings_RefFrames/String : 3 frames MuxingMode : Header stripping CodecID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC Duration/String : 2h 56mn BitRate_Mode/String : Variable BitRate/String : 5 876 Kbps BitRate_Maximum/String : 40.0 Mbps Width/String : 1 920 pixels Height/String : 816 pixels DisplayAspectRatio/String : 2.35:1 FrameRate/String : 23.976 fps ColorSpace : YUV ChromaSubsampling : 4:2:0 BitDepth/String : 8 bits ScanType/String : Progressive Bits-(Pixel*Frame) : 0.156 StreamSize/String : 7.25 GiB (87%) Title : Endhiran(2010) - Bluray-Rip - 1080P - x264 - DTS - [Raj1402] Language/String : Tamil

Audio

ID/String : 3 Format : DTS Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems MuxingMode : Header stripping CodecID : A_DTS Duration/String : 2h 56mn BitRate_Mode/String : Constant BitRate/String : 755 Kbps Channel(s)/String : 6 channels ChannelPositions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE SamplingRate/String : 48.0 KHz BitDepth/String : 16 bits Compression_Mode/String : Lossy Video_Delay/String : 6ms StreamSize/String : 953 MiB (11%) Title : Endhiran(2010) - Bluray-Rip - 1080P - x264 - DTS - [Raj1402] Language/String : Tamil

So you have a Live / Live+ or Hub? 

I do see that Header Stripping is enabled on that MKV, but it shouldn’t be a problem since all those players support it.

What version of firmware are you using?

MuxingMode : Header stripping

MuxingMode : Header stripping

If you have a Live or Live Plus, you need to update the firmware.  If you have a WDTV HD (either Gen1 or Gen2) you’ll need to re-multiplex the file without compression.

Hi Tony,

this is my serial and model number

Model/Order number: WDAVP00BE

Serial Number: WNT291305729

I don’t have live or live+.Mine is WD media player generation2.

how to do re multiplex?

Please advise me about the soultion.

Go to the right forum.   The solution has been posted there countless times.

In fact, it’s in the FAQ.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-HD/WDTV-HD-FAQ/m-p/66636/message-uid/66636#U66636

Model/Order number: WDAVP00BE

Actually, that’s a Gen1, not a Gen2.

Your best bet would be to download

and then run MKVFix to automatically scan your media.

Pretty pictures for using MKVFix here: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-HD/where-can-i-find-older-software-for-HD-MEDIA-PLAYER-Gen1/m-p/86339