What I'd like in the next FW-update

I am sorry to have to rain on your expectations and your naivety as a new member, but I really wouldn’t hold your breath if I were you!

As you may have noticed, WD’s last firmware update was on 3rd December 2009, which followed one on the 18th November 2009. I think it’s somewhat apparent that WD give less than a **bleep** about their customers interests and it would appear that they have now just given up on the product despite it’s mediocre state. What do they care when they’re just making money off of an unknowing public who think they’re purchasing a supported product? It’s coming up to four months since their last firmware update and my suspicions are that they just can’t be bothered to make the very necessary improvements (there are more and more products being introduced with far superior software/firmware)

I am sorry, but your requests/recommendations are hardly worth the time it took you to type them. As you’ll discover from this very “community”… Western Digital aren’t listening! (no matter what the font size!)