Frequent Advisor
awmr1

Re: WD TV Gen2 1.01.77 MP4 Audio Sync

nijaju,

Consider yourself lucky, at least they are still supporting your device.  They have abandoned the Gen1 which is still suffering from the same audio sync issues. The Live, whose end of life is quickly approaching, has the same issues as well.

Both devices have been rendered useless.

Occasional Collector
Moose2000

Guys don't throw away your WDTVs just yet. Download MKVToolnix (google it) and use the MKVmergeGUI shortcut inside. Click add file and add an MP4 file then after its loaded click Remux at the bottom. 30secs later you will have your Video file in MKV format and there will no longer be sync issues. I do this with all my vid files now and they play back, fast forward, rewind and pause flawlessly.

Occasional Visitor
omar107

did not work for me. WD needs to just release a firmware update. Please.

numnutz

MKVmerge worked perfectly and quickly for me.  Converted a 2 hour 720p mp4 in under 3 minutes; now plays in sync on WDTV.  Tried 2 other coversion programs, each took hours, with poor results.  But I will try and avoid mp4 files from now on.

Advisor
Powel

Also worked great for me.It seems to have only changed the container so why can't WD fix this issue if the hardware does not appear to be the issue?

Regular Visitor
maidix

[ Edited ]

Yikes... I wish I had done my homework before buying this product.

This product isn't usable to me, as is. Should I keep it, with the expectation of a fix, or not?

Advisor
Powel

I won't keep it on the hope of any fix coming,  last firmware update was Dec 2009. WD support is horrible .seems like support for the Gen2 might be over.If I could return mine I sure would!!

Collector
scar7272

I do have sync problem too, but only with AVI and MP4 in HD resolutions

DVD and BLU-RAY ISO images and MKV plays pretty well, avi and mp4 low resolution too.

Any ISO image you doo yourself will work flawlessly, HD BLU-Ray too.

Do you have sync problems only with AVI and MP4 HD files too?

Collector
scar7272

[ Edited ]

Good news, after a lot of research and trial over this community and others i did tried MKVtoolnix and Cocoon Software QMC (Quick Media Converter) .

Like i said i have sync problems with HD AVI and HD MP4 files with my WD TV HD Gen2 player, any other format works pretty well.

I tried MKVtoolnix with MKVmerge and it didn't work well with my WD TV HD player. It freeze.

But with QMC (Quick Media Converter) from Cocoon Software it's working well and it is fast converting the mp4 to mkv files. The software is free, they working with donation.

Here how i did it :

First you can download the software from http://www.cocoonsoftware.com .

After the installation you run QMC.

IT can convert any video files to anything but the easiest way for HD MP4 is :

Go in HD MODE

Choose MATROSKA format and MKV container

Add your mp4 file to convert

Select your target directory

AND START THE CONVERSION........after a minutes or two, your done with  your problem!

QMC is changing a little the audio and video format and it seems to be a lot easier for the WD player.

Hope this will help anybody that got problems with some video format and their WD TV HD player!

Good Day! :smileyvery-happy:

Regular Visitor
maidix

That converter did the trick for some files, but rendered other files completely out of audio synch.

No matter... I decided that it was worth it to me to re-encode my movies to MKV files. This time, with some better options & settings for higher quality. Sure, it's a bit of a pain, but the end result is so nice! I especially like having chapter markers work. I still wish the MP4/M4V issue would be fixed, but I won't let it keep me from enjoying this device. I've gotten way too hooked on the other features, especially Netflix, YouTube & Pandora integration. And now I have a motivation to make better MKVs!

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD