Problem with WD TV 1st generation

steveone wrote:

The player is under warranty and I have open an RMA. I was not informed about the “header compression” …I know this problem in this forum.

The 2nd generation has this same problem or not? If I ship my player to WD maybe they change it with 2nd generation player. no?

I’m afraid that won’t help much, as the 2nd GEN player, which is the one I have, as similar problems, especially when it comes to mkv files.  

I can only applaud that you contact their support, as this only proves to them that this problem is still current. But I wouldn’t expect anything from it. I’ve to agree with Charlie on this one. In the best case, you’ll get a standard reply. If at all possible, I would recommend that you bring the player back to the store you bought it from and try to exchange it for a player from another brand, one that cares a little bit more about it’s customers and still offers support on products that are barely 2 years old. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Popcorn players. Another brand that offers similar media players at very competitive prices and which actually addresses these issues, is A.C. Ryan. I’ll probably get rid of my WD and purchase the PlayOn!HD Mini. Good luck!

1 Like