Software Update - Help wanted

When I try to update, the portal displays the message:-

msxml3.dll error ‘8007000e’

Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

/global/asp/GlobalNav.asp, line 905

I am a moron to understand this.  both my Passport and the Laptop have more than 20 Gb space available on them.  Please help

Hi, if your are trying to install Smartware, try uninstalling the version that you have and then do a clean installation of the latest version. Check the links below for help. 

How to uninstall WD SmartWare Version 1.6.x and earlier from Windows (7, Vista, or XP) and Mac OSX (10.4, 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7)

Smartware download

1 Like

Tring to upgrade the Smartware v2.0.1 on a Windows 7 PC with a MyBookLive, but unable to install “error in installation package…” The installation then does a roll back but afterwards nothing works (also the old  version 1.5.0 does not work anymore).

Tried to uninstall the old version manually via control center, but same problem " a problem occured in the installation pachkage…"

I checked for the latest Microsoft updates of .net 4.0 to make sure that this was not causing any problem.

I had no problems installing Smartware Update on a Windows 8Pro computer, MyBookLive also has all the latest updates.

Any solution ???

Danny

Solved the^problem myself: somehow something went wrong in the registry. Used Windows Fix-it who found some problems. Problems where fixed and the installation of the WD Smartware went smoothly afterwards.