Backing up my cloud device to another my cloud device

I want to connect a 2nd my cloud to my main one and use that to backup my main mycloud device. Has anyone tried this yet? is it possible? I have a usb to usb cable so I’m thinking it should be possible.

I put the 2nd my cloud on the net and let it initiialize and checked that it was accessible and working. Then I unplugged it from the net and plugged it into the main mycloud. It is recoginzed and accessible via share there as well. Now I went to create a restore point from my main mycloud to the usb one and it starts but I get an error saying there is not enough space.  I’ve got less than 1 TB on the main and nothing is on the usb plugged in one so any ideas? I’d rather not backup over the home network if possible. Any ideas?

chaos0001 wrote:

I want to connect a 2nd my cloud to my main one and use that to backup my main mycloud device. Has anyone tried this yet? is it possible? I have a usb to usb cable so I’m thinking it should be possible.

The ports are in-ports, not out-ports. None of them shoukd see each other via USB, and if they do, expect them to not work properly.

Just map the shares and copy/paste the data or use a sync program.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve tried everything. But I can connect the 2nd to the net and back it up there so all good. Just thought this would be faster and save net traffic. Thank you for confirming for me. I think they see each other cause I"m using a usb file share cable made to transfer files between 2 computers.