Windows 10?

I’m going to get Windows 10.  Will the WD SmartWare Pro Backup Software work with it?

Hello,

At this moment WD Smartware is not supported on Windows 10. This does not mean it is not going to work. It just means we have not tried it yet and cannot guarantee that it will work.

1 Like

Microsoft has announced windows 10 release for months and you report, “At this moment WD Smartware is not supported on Windows 10” and, “we have not tried it yet.”

1 Like

Hi there ErnieLane… I have WD SmartWare Pro and it is working perfectly with Windows 10. I am currently using it with 4 external drives for backuppurposes and so far no issues.

I hope this helps

Hi, I’m using Smartware on Windows 10 and have successfully restored 200K files to a hard drive with ease and no problems encountered.  However, I have a MyBook Live with a WD Anywhere backup and this will not work with Windows10.  WD say “the WD Anywhere backup is not compatible with Windows 10. Since we no longer make this software, we do not guarantee that there will be an update for it”.  So if you’ve been using WD Anywhere like I have very successfully for years you, like me, have been left high & dry. 

1 Like

Why do I get a WD message that says “Software is not compatible with level operationg system”???

I am very upset the Western Digital did not ,work on the win10 upgrade which was announce nearly 1 yer ago.

So, NO the backup does not work for me.

1 Like

Did you try using WD? I can’t becuse win10 is NOT compatible.

The news that WD left us high and dry will certainly create reprecussions. One thing that IT users want is to be treated like loyal and VALUED cuatomers. If WD leaves me out, than I and many others will look to dump them.

How will we know if the corporation chooses to support win 10?