Occasional Visitor
Amulira
Accepted Solution

What's happen to WD Smartware if my pc crash?

[ Edited ]

I mean ,The software is on the external drive Western digital and on the pc so if the pc is gone (Lost data etc..It 's not the case!) How can i access to the external drive? because i had to put my password but the software is on the pc.

Yes i know i'm a newbie...

Esteemed Contributor
Nesvic

Re: What's happen to WD Smartware if my pc broke?

Hello,

The backup is on the External drive, you can reinstall the application and you will have access to all your data.

Trancer

Thread moved to WD Software & Accessories : WD Smartware.

Regards,

Please click the star icon to the left to highlight helpful posts, and click on 'Accept as Solution' under post options for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Honored Contributor
ricardodegracia

Hi.

If you computer crash but you already have a backup on the drive you won't have problems, the backup will remain on the drive that means if you have to format your computer you will be able to install Smartware again and use the retrieve option to get the information from the drive to the computer.-

**Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. **

Respected Contributor
Wayne

do you have another pc to check you data on? 

Occasional Visitor
Amulira

No! I have just one!

Occasional Visitor
Amulira

Thank's to Nesvic and Ricardodegracia :smileyhappy: That's clear now!

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD