WHEN IS WDFME.exe GOING TO GET FIXED?

This same problem started happening to me about two weeks ago(shortly after WD Passport Firmware update).  Isolated the problem like many others on this string.  Task Manager-Processes-Show Processes from all users.  I found that WDFME.EXE was using over 70,000,000 kb of RAM and my performance monitor showed physical memory usage of 98%.  I did End Process on WDFME.exe and instantly switched back to real time performance monitor graph.  I saw usage drop from 98% to normal 20% within seconds.  I then called WD tech support.  They told me WDFME.exe constantly runs in the background scanning all files for changes for automatic updating.  He said that if I didn’t want to use WDsmartware and do automatic updates that I should just uninstall and use Windows backup manually when I want to.  I told him I thought that was really poor tech support and customer support and that they need to figure this out and fix it.  He didn’t really ask me the right questions, so I started TELLING him.  OK, I’ve had this passport installed since 10/2011 and it has worked fine until about 2 weeks ago.  If I restart my computer, it’s fine and only uses 20% of memory.  After about an hour of usage OR idle, it’s up to 98%.  Only started happening AFTER WD Passport firmware update.  He then says “OH, well now that you said that, you don’t have the WD Smartware Software Update that goes with that firmware update.  That’s the problem.”  I was thinking, you ■■■■■!  Why didn’t you just ask that earlier?  Pi$$poor tech support on that one…  Anyway, that’s probably the common problem in this thread.  He said before the software update, I needed to make sure that all these were current: Java 6, Update 31, Adobe/Adobe Player 11, Active X 11, Microsoft .net Framework 4.0 Client Profile, and Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 Extended.  This is my thought.  Somehow the firmware updates without the corresponding software update created some sort of “endless loop” where the old software was searching for something it couldn’t find or something like that.  I hope this helps us all.  I now need to go turn on a lot of automatic updates I disabled while tracking this problem down.  Good Luck all.