WDFME.exe RAM hog

1. Is Bit Locker turned on?
  2. Are you backing up encrypted files/folders?
  3. Are you backing up compressed files/folders?
  4. Can you also collect the list of VSS providers that are installed on the systems and provide? From an administrative command prompt type:  vssadmin list providers
  5. Are your source partitions are Fat32, exFat, or external USB drives?'

As you can tell from my name, I’m neither a CompEng or Software writer:  I’m one of the ‘standard customers’ who wants their items to work right the first time.

1.  Dunno.  Don’t care.  Shouldn’t matter if you did it right the first time.

2. Yes  (in that I told it to back everything up).

3. Yes (see #2 comment).

4. Have no idea what this means.  I would guess that it is whatever the factory default is.

Running an HP with Vista64, Turion Dual Core XM Mobile RM-72 → 4GB, use Chrome for my browser, have updated to the latest version of WD (the installer says so) and Microsoft NET (and that’s about all I know about computers - these are regurgitated facts, I don’t really know what they mean).

Any time I boot up, WD takes up to 88% of the memory at any given time.

Yes, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled it:  that helped the problem for about 20 minutes.

How come it is acceptable for the computing community (pointing an irritated finger at lots of firms here) to release what seems to be alpha or beta ware as finished product and expect it to be acceptable?