WDFME.exe RAM hog

Was having the same problem.

After reading your comments – checked performance – 4.2G memory usage – luckier I was have 8 G – but there was still the sudden, everything dies no response, can’t even get task manager to run to kill the .exe

Contact WD – I did get a fast response – install update 1.5.1.6

However I mentioned that I already done that using the software up-date  button under help and 1.5.1.6 was showing up as the latest software

I suggested, they agreed – totally uninstall – I then always reboot the system – and reinstall.  The uninstall package date seems to be the same date as what the system had down loaded earlier.  So I suspect its the uninstall that may have done the different

Did that – CPU usage down to 1% at the moment when nothing else is active – whereas before was 16%+ – Memory usage at  3.2, but then I have a lot of other stuff running.

When I first restarted the package, CPU usage went to 52% when it decided to update initally, but it actually seems to be running as low priority as the mouse etc still responded. 

I oftern restart my system two / three times a week so the 52% initial C PU usage could be a problem

This comment – goes dead a couple of times a day – will see what happens as I use it today