WDFME.exe Process Keeps Running

worldwideopt wrote:

I just called WD and was transferred to level 2 tech support after level 1 could not fix this issue.

Apparently the WDFME.EXE resource hog issue is a “known issue” and is being worked on by

the engineers.  He could not tell me when this would be fixed but said it would be fixed in a

future update to the software.  He suggested doing a backup and then either stopping the WDFME.EXE

process from task manager or just unintalling the software still you next update and the update is available.

My WDFME.EXE file was taking 100% of my CPU during file catagorization process and then stuck at 50% after it was done.  This was BEFORE I even plugged the external hard drive in.  After pluggin it in makes no difference to me.

I’ll wait for the update and do weekly backups only and stop the process of the file in between backups for now I guess.  You’d think that “engineers” as they called them would have the brains to test of all OS platforms before releasing the software.

This issue can’t be readily reproduced.  You are also assuming that you have the same root problem as others in this thread do.  I have worked directly with individuals that have had this issue and we did a targeted change in the 1.4.5.2 version of the software that fixed this issue for a sizable amount of people.  That being said, from my previous post, we are expecting more improvements in our next version to address this issue.  Our testing thus far has proven very promising.