WDFME.exe Process Keeps Running

I came back from vacation yesterday, plugged my passport HD into my office computer and noticed the same problem with the WDFME process using most of my CPU and RAM.   Started searching for a solution and found this forum. 

I then started trying to figure out why this just started happening.  I normally just unplug the HD from the cable and take it home for backup, etc.  But, this time I was going on vacation and needed the usb cable. When I came back from vacation, I couldn’t remember which usb port I had been using.  I only had two open usb ports on the back of the computer.   I thought…what if the Western Digital File Management E  (WDFME.exe) process is trying to reindex all the files.  What if  all this is because I was using a different usb port?  I switched to the other usb port, rebooted and everything is back to normal.  The WDFME process is open but using 00 CPU and only 10,180k of memory! 

Problem solved for me by using the same usb port I always used for this WD HD.  I am guessing that if you have never used the HD on your computer before it will need to run this process to index all the files on the HD.  But, if you have used the HD on your computer, then try to consistantly use the same usb port?

Hope that helps some of you.

Mike