WD SmartWare Pro now asking me to activate, AGAIN!

Update 4/16/2014 - 4:40pm CDT

As previously promised by WD on this thread, I received a call today from a very nice and knowlegeable WD representative who was quick to apologize for the “Loss of Activation” problem.  He assured me WD was working on the problems. 

His request/action was to retrieve several WD Smartware 2.3.0 log files from PC # 2 which Lost activation after a reboot this morning.  Later, we attempted Activation by entering code/email and Activation was successful after about a minute or so after clicking OK.

Activation was not lost on PC #1 today following a reboot.  (Both PC’s are Win 7 32-bit).

I have noticed that once activation is lost and regained… settings return to the default state - as if the sofware had been reinstalled.  My back-up settings were lost - No folders were selected.  File history was 5 (default) and I had set it to 3.  The schedule of backup frequency was also lost and Backup showed as Disabled.

I am encouraged by today’s call and hope the problems can be resolved soon.  Thanks to the WD rep.