WD SmartWare 2.4.1 not updating backup

Hello,

I have just tried to backup my files with the newest version of Smartware, 2.4.1, and the first backup goes fine, but then it’s still not updating any changes I make inside the files: it doesn’t add any new files I add, or save the changes I make to others.

I thought this issue was supposed to be solved with the update released in November/December 2013 ?!

Can somebody please help me find a solution, be it with Smartware of some other software, because I am also getting tired of trying to solve this problem, and really need a reliable backup !! Really disappointed with WD right now…

Thanks and regards,

Maria

Hello,

Same Problem here. I’m runnig Win 7.

I must add that SmartWare is a Backup program, and backup should work faultlessly !!

I find as well the Continuous Backup is not working on Smartware 2.4.1 but the hourly works fine!  Operating system is Windows 8.1 with a 2t MyBook Live with ethernet interface.  I had continuous backup on for 2 weeks and nothing backed up.  Once I changed to hourly backup, files were backed up no problems.

Hello,

I have passed this information along to support.

Regards,

Several hours after the Moderator (ERmorel) had replied to post I rec’d an email from Technical Support Level II which advised they had assigned an individual [Deleted - Trancer] to work with my situation/problem.  A time was setup so that they could get in touch with me and attempt to resolve the issue.

Today we were able to both be available and a few items were tested.  

It was suggested that Smartware be uninstalled (even though) I had just installed the new update 2.4.2 over the weekend.  Smartware was uninstalled and then reinstalled.  My personal settings were completed on the reinstallation and Smartware was tested.  All worked as it should on Continuous Backup setting.

Guess the originally installation may have been faulty and now with this reinstallation all is working as it should.

Thank you to support for their assistance and personal contact.

I have a related problem.  The software is not backing up.  I also cannot chose another target to backup to.