WD Security keeps drive locked after reboot

Hi,

I have the following problem: I am using WD Security to lock my external WD Passport Ultra. I have set it up so it automatically unlocks it for my username so I do not need to enter the unlock password manually. However, the automatic unlocking seems to occur quite late in the windows bootup process which causes some applications to fail as they try to access data on my external drive. For instance, my desktop is located on the external drive and so is my dropbox folder. So both bropbox and windows explorer give me error messages after a reboot. I need to log out and then log back in again in order to solve it. Is there a way to have the unlocking of the drive occur very early in the bootup or login process so other application do not have a problem to access the drive?

Many thanks

Hello,

While you can specify the applications you want to launch at the start of Windows, the ability to control the order in which they start is not available. However, there are a couple of ways you can easily overcome this limitation and control the startup order of applications. You can try a web search for more information about this.

That is also a problem with running programs from an external drive. I suspect it would also be  slow loading even if the drive was not capable of using a password.

Joe

Hi Joe,

the applications are on the C drive, but some folders they access (such as drop box, desktop) and on the external one. When I disable the drive lock there is no problem … maybe that’s what I should do.

Thanks anyway …

bo