WD Print Share and MAC OSX Maverick

Hi,

Just upgraded my 2012 iMac to OSX MAvericks, now unable to use WD Print Share, is there going to be a fix from WD soon. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it just errors when I try to fire WD Pront Share up, It worked fine on OSX Mountain Lion. Help please.

Hello,

The WD Print Share app is compatible with the following OS. However, you can try reinstalling the application to see if the app works correctly on the new OS.

Supported Operating Systems

• Mac OS X Leopard
  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard
  • Mac OS X Lion
  • Mac OS X Mountain Lion

Help4All wrote:

Hello,

The WD Print Share app is compatible with the following OS. However, you can try reinstalling the application to see if the app works correctly on the new OS.

• Mac OS X Leopard
  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard
  • Mac OS X Lion
  • Mac OS X Mountain Lion

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I have tried reinstalling the software and it comes up with the same error. I will try reinstalling the printer driver too.

andydajo wrote:

Help4All wrote:

Hello,

• Mac OS X Leopard
  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard
  • Mac OS X Lion
  • Mac OS X Mountain Lion

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I have tried reinstalling the software and it comes up with the same error. I will try reinstalling the printer driver too.

**UPDATE**

Still unable to use WD Printshare on Mavericks OSX, still comes up with an error on starting the WD Printshare program, noticed a few WD issues with Mavericks OSX, maybe this is another one. Help!

Me tooo!!!  When can I get a updated “WD printer to share” to hook with Marvericks, it’s almost 2 month no printer to share…

leoipod wrote:

Me tooo!!!  When can I get a updated “WD printer to share” to hook with Marvericks, it’s almost 2 month no printer to share…

Well unfortunately you’ll need to get used to it, as I’ve had a support ticket raised for this since Mavericks hit. After a couple of chases I finally got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is [Deleted].

Our apologies, but unfortunately this software is not compatible with Mac OS Mavericks and no further updates are planned.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
[Deleted]
Western Digital Service and Support

Now, bearing in mind I bought the WD router specifically to share my printer with my rMBP only a few months ago, I find the above answer a shocking indictment of the status in which WD hold the term quality of service. Needless to say, I’m just about to pack my MyNet N750 router back in the box and return it for a full refund.

The answers from WD is not acceptable. Please WD update your software for mavericks