WD Password

Hi!  just want to know if you forgot your password, is there any other way to retrieve it? because i forgot mine and i can’t get my files inside my HDD

If you are talking about WD SmartWare, no, there is no way to retrieve it. 

this is really bad, as i have a lot of important files inside.  i hope they will consider this kind of service just in case you forgot your password like any other security options from other softwares.

I don’t think there is a way to get password from WD.

You can use Hint option.

If this happens, you can only get drive storage back (not data) by erasing the drive option.

I also forgot my password, and I’d like to erase my drive and start again from scratch.  How do I go about doing this? 

krwulff,

1.  Well, if you have the WD SmartWare already installed you are in luck as there is Erase function built onto WD SmartWare software.  There are 2 ways.  #2 or #3.

2a.  Click to Settings Tab on 4th right.

2b.  Click to Set Up Drive

2c.  Click Erase Drive and follow the instruction.

3a.  Plug in the drive and you will be prompted to type in password.

3b.  Type in 5 “wrong/bad” password

3c.  This will trigger Too Many Attempts and asked to accept data loss and get drive back.

If don’t have the WD SmartWare installed, I am not sure if there is way to get the drive back.

WD should release some kind of Erase drive stand alone utility.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help, as I rang WD tech support and they couldn’t help me.

Cheers BigKev

Compre un WD de 320 GB modelo WDXMSB2500 lo active y le puse mi password el cual se me olvido y no busco como formatear el WD por los datos no tengo ningun dato grabado; es por eso que quiero FORMATEARLO pero no busco la manera de realizarlo

[translated]

I bought a WD 320 GB model WDXMSB2500. I activated it and put in my password which I forgot, and I don’t find how to format the WD.  I don’t have any recorded data, and that’s why I want to format it but I can’t find a way to do it.

1. Bueno, si usted tiene el WD SmartWare ya instalado está de enhorabuena, ya que es la función Borrar construida sobre software WD SmartWare. Hay 2 maneras. # 2 o # 3.

2a. Haga clic en Configuración pestaña a la derecha cuarto.

2b. Haz clic aquí para configurar la unidad

2c. Haga clic en Borrar disco y siga las instrucciones.

3a. Conecte la unidad y se le pide que escriba la contraseña.

3b. Escriba 5 “bad / wrong”  como contraseña

3c. Esto hará que los intentos de más y le pide que acepte la pérdida de datos y recibe viaje de regreso.

Si no tiene el WD SmartWare instalado, no estoy seguro si hay manera de conseguir el camino de regreso.

WD debe liberar a algún tipo de unidad Borrar independiente de servicios públicos.

Cuando quieras traducir algo ve a:  http://translate.google.com

You should be able to download SmartWare from it’s page.  Just click on the Software Update button.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Mini-DVR-Expander/Is-this-a-bug/m-p/21742

Usted puede descargar el SmartWare desde su página. Haga clic en el botón de Actualización de Software.