WD My Cloud Mac software can't access to WD MyCloud EX4 in Mac OS X 10.11 beta El Capitan

WD My Cloud Mac software can’t access to WD MyCloud EX4 in Mac OS X 10.11 beta El Capitan.

When I used it in OS X 10.10 Yosemite, there was no problem. 

I think the problem happened after updating to El Capitan.

Is it true?

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the WD Community.

I haven’t try using the app on the new OS. However, Beta OS are not supported on must of the softwares and devices.

I believe, you will need to wait until they release a fully commercial version.

1 Like

The same thing suddenly happened to me yesterday with two of my three MyCloud Duo Thunderbolt drives that are connected to my MacBook Pro, but only immediately after yesterday’s El Capitan latest beta release was installed.  All three drives worked fine on earlier El Capitan beta releases.  The two that now no longer “work” mount for a couple of seconds on booting, but immediately dismount, while the other drive still works fine, as before.

I have since tried the two MyCloud Duo Thunderbolt drives that are unmounting on my El Capitan OSX MacBook Pro on a Yosemite OSX MacBook Pro, and they are working fine.

1 Like

OS X El Capitan version 10.11 Beta (15A234d)

This version allows my Mac to connect to only one of three WD My Cloud drives which are live on my network. All WD My Cloud drives are accessible through the WD My Cloud Dashboard on the Mac and directly through Safari using the IP Address for each drive. The drives are accessible through the iOS My Cloud app when using the app on an iPhone or iPad on or off of the same network as the Mac. I have noted and updated the problem using Feedback Assistant reporting to Apple.

2 Likes

We have passed along this information to WD Support.

Regards,

Trancer.

1 Like

I am having the same issue here. 

Exact same issue plus can’t use my Neat Scanner anymore. Neat acknowledges the problem. Spent time on the phone with Apple this morning. Noted the the WD My Cloud drives are showing as shared drives. Still no explanation or solution except to put it back in WD’s court for resolution.

I have found a solution. Type “afp://wdmycloud.local” on your browser’s address bar.

You will be asked to connect to your NAS as a user or guest

Use the option you want and select the file you need to open, it will appear in your finder.

I have the same problem with WD My Could and the release version of El Capitan. It still shows up but fails to connect. I have to go to Finder - Go - Connect to Server and connect from there. It is annoying, because I have to do this every time.

Hello there and welcome to the WD community.

Have you tried resetting the unit or perhaps rebooting the device? Here is a link that might help you with this:

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=10432&lang=en

Rregards,

I (all my family 3 of us) use WD cloud app - I set the option of backup images from the camera roll -

However bothers me why When selected folder and choose the menu option files - images are automatically arranged descending (oldest first date).

Why is there no option to select the ascending or descending.

Same with the WD Photos app - filters can not be set from today backwards, but only from older to today.

This means that every time you have to list all the photos in the album to reach the last (exhausting)

Thanks for your reply

greeting

Filip