WD My Cloud 4TB & WD SmartWare

Hey Guys

First post in this community! :smiley:

I can’t seem to find any information anywhere on this but maybe someone might know or can be answered by WD.

Do My Cloud hard drives come with a copy of WD SmartWare? or does it need to be purchased separately? I was under the impression that it came with backup software.

I have installed SmartWare but it seems to be running on a trial basis.

Thanks,

Vlad

the basic version is free, the pro version is a free upgrade to mycloud owners. I don’t recall the exact procedure though but it was easy to get. I am thinking download the free version, connect to the mycloud then tell it to upgrade

larryg0 wrote:

the basic version is free, the pro version is a free upgrade to mycloud owners. I don’t recall the exact procedure though but it was easy to get. I am thinking download the free version, connect to the mycloud then tell it to upgrade

Hmmm I shall uninstall and give it a shot. Currently it says I’m on a trial :confused:

I never saw a trail version, see page 24 of he users manual for details. this is Windows only

looks like there is a download option at http://www.wd.com/setup/wdmycloud:

:smiley:

Yep, upon removing the old installation and clearing the Application Data in the Registry and reinstalling SmartWare it prompted me to register for a free upgrade to Pro version :slight_smile: