Version 2.4.2 - my passport ultra - not backing up HELP!

updated to the new version 2.4.2 and it’s not backing up. I have a passport Ultra and just bought it a week ago. When I did the original install and backup, it back up all the files needed. Now it says “Additional Files 477 MB”, but it says “Backup accomplished successfully”, but those new files are not backed up !!

I need the new files which are mainly PDF files and project files to back up - based on the “continous frequency”.

Why does it say Backup Accomplished Successfully and give the “check” mark, when they show in gray Additional Files. How do those get written up to the backup? Is there a SOFTWARE GLITCH that identifies the additional files, but can’t seem to write them to the hard drive??

I have uploaded a picture of the screen, so you can see what I’m talking about:

www.commercialflooringestimating.com/mypassport.jpg

Please help (My Passport Ultra model is WDBMWV0020BBK)

Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Additional files, are files that are already on the drive but they were transfer without the WD Smartware backup like copy and paste or drag and drop.

I have to disagree with your response.

I NEVER did any Copy/Paste or Drag files to the passport directories! Honestly that’s the worst thing I want to do “manual” transfer of files when this thing is supposed to “BACK UP” everything in folders on a “continous” basis. It makes no sense!

There are folders selected to get back-up, however, there are some directory files that are totally missing from the back-up area.

Example:

• If I select to back up all files from C:\My directory   I would assume everything in \My directory\ gets back up. Right? Well, almost all. Some PDF files are not backed up. Why? Some excel sheets are not back up as well, why?

This is ridiculous, these files have been there for 4 days now and no backup made of them.

Are these back-up programs supposed to back up or what?? I was thinking so…until I check and they’re missing…

Hi, I just wondered if you got any other response or found a solution to this problem? Because I’m having the same issue (files which are on my laptop aren’t being transferred to the My Passport, even though they’re in the right “Category” and the SmartWare program is telling me “Backup accomplished successfully”).

I’d be grateful for any help/advice you could give.