Unable to map My Book as a drive

Hello

I am new on the forum.

I am using a WD My Cloud over the internet.

The first time I used the system it worked well. I could login to the cloud and mount My Book as a drive. I created a directory and uploaded a group of subdirectories and files to the directory. All was well I could open PDF files and TXT files but the Windows word files wanted a user name and password.

I discovered that I needed MyCloud desktop to open Windows files.

So I installed MyCloud desktop. I log on to the cloud but MyCloud desktop logged on to My Book without asking for a password. The windows files and all other files are quite usable.

Then I needed to do a backup to the cloud. I tried to map My Book as a drive. The system will not accept my password for My Book.

I have tried using a different computer to map the My Book as a drive and My Book will not accept the password.

However when I installed MyCloud desktop on the new computer I was able to log into the cloud and the desktop then logged into My Book without a password.

Now my question is how do I use the cloud as a receptacle for my backups without mapping it as a drive?

Thanks in advance

Phil P

Which share are you selecting when mapping the drive?

What software are you using for the backup?

Hi

Thanks

First what works?

I opened the My Cloud desk top.

Then there are 2 my books. One public and one with a discreet name.

When I click on the one with the discreet name it logs on without me having to use my password for My B00k.

All is well here I can open my files perform functions on them but I am unable to upload anything thru the desktop.

I log off

Second what doesn’t work?

Using Internet Explorer or Fire Fox.

I log on to the cloud using my password.

I am displayed 2 my books one public and one with a discreet name.

I click on the one with the discreet name and it opens a window wanting a password.

I use the password that I have been using all along and it refuses it as incorrect.

As for the backup software this makes no difference. Without a drive to send the backup to I haven’t opened any backup software.

Phil P