Frequent Advisor
jjayathe

Unable to exclude files/folders

Hi,

I am using the latest SmartWare 1.5.4.5. I dont want to backup certain folders to My Book Live Duo 6TB. I went to Backup tab -> Switch To File backup and unselected the folder that I dont want to backup. However, I still see that those files are being backed up. How do I make SmartWare not backup some files/folders?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Re: Unable to exclude files/folders

[ Edited ]

Are you sure? With the file backup option only the folders that you select will be copied. Review the steps to do the file backup just in case.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Frequent Advisor
jjayathe

Re: Unable to exclude files/folders

Yes. I did these steps.

I need to mention here that I used to do category backup. Then I switched to file based backup as I didnt want to backup new directories I created.

The file view shows that the directory is deselected. But it backed up anyways.

Any ideas appreciated!!

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD