True Image not detecting Western Digital Drive

I have just installed a new 2TB WD drive to my system. I would like to clone my smaller drive to the new bigger drive.

However True image keeps telling me it can not detect the drive so will not open.

It is connected via internal SATA.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the Community.

Is there a possibility to share the exact model number of the hard drive? And which SATA port of your system is it using? If it is using a RAID port then it would be best to change it since it may affect drive recognition for Acronis. Changing from AHCI to Legacy on your BIOS could help as well.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. - WD20EZRX

I think the issue may be down the RAID but I can not figure out how to resolve it.

The system was running 2 x 1 TB as a RAID 1 Array.I wish to upgrade to 2 X 2GB WD drives as a RAID 1 array.

I broke the array and I have taken 1 of the 1TB drives out just incase I press the wrong button and lose my data.

The bios is set as RAID for ports 0-3, and IDE for 4 & 5

The remaining 1 TB is now in port 4 as IDE to boot from.

The 2 x 2 TB I have set up as a RAID 1 on port 0 and 1

I have worked out if I remove raid and set all as IDE I can see the drive and it will clone. However that does not help my situation as I will then have a disk which is not in an array.

Then we have located the root of the issue as the WD version of Acronis does not support RAID volumes.

Regards, 

Doh! Not very useful =:O(