Software updates

Recently a diaglog box appears very often. sayi that updates are available. However when I cick t accept the update my computer comesback with aother dialog box  

error creating the web proxy specified in the system.net/defaultProxy Configuration section.

I wuld really appreciate it if soe one could tell e firstly what I did wrong and secondly how  can correct it.

Thank you

WestAussie

it would probably help if you told us “which software”  you’re having the issue with :neutral_face:

1 Like

I wuld really appreciate it if soe one could tell e firstly what I did wrong and secondly how  can correct it.

I’m not certain that you did anything wrong … I has the same symptoms with Smartware … I updated, checked the version and it was reported the there was an updat available.

My take on this is WD is NOT checking the actual version one has installed, but rather reporting a new version is available irrespective of the installed version. If there;'s an error it on WD.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue.  I updated to WD Smartware Pro Version 2.4.10 and after a reboot when I check Software Updates it still keeps telling me “WD Swartware Pro 2.4.10.17 is available for update”.  “Do you wish to update?”

I tried it three times and it just keeps telling me there is a new update available.  Any ideas?

SageWolf wrote:

I have the exact same issue.  I updated to WD Smartware Pro Version 2.4.10 and after a reboot when I check Software Updates it still keeps telling me “WD Swartware Pro 2.4.10.17 is available for update”.  “Do you wish to update?”

I tried it three times and it just keeps telling me there is a new update available.  Any ideas?

I’m stuck with the same problem: There seems to be an update 2.4.10.17. After applying this update (successfully, without error mesage), the version still is 2.4.10, and when checking for updates, it again proposes the same update. Tried multiple times, even uninstalled and re-installed Smartware.

Not so smart?