Software Update - WD SmartWare Windows Version 1.5.1.6 (8/16/11)

Fritz wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

Admittedly, SmartWare still has some issues, which are being worked on; but I’ve never really been satisfied with backup software, in general.  I find myself still just using copy and paste to do my backups.  I do like the idea of continous backups, but they all tend to be resource hogs.  If we can get the resource issue beat, I think SmartWare could end up being one of the better continous backup softwares out there. 

That has to be one of the understatements of the year… 

Have you any idea how much negative feedback this issue has created and from all the forums I’ve trolled through no sign of any change of an improvement.

apparently they do not.   maybe they also don’t realize a key issue in marketing and sales management; that being that of all those that have issues only a very small percentage bother complaining, the rest just stop using the company’s products and spread negativity.  and to add to their issue i think the majority of those that have purchased these products with smartware included because of the marketing hype are not in the least bit technically oriented.  and in that case when smartware causes problems and if they get someone to help them that person will likely delete smartware, tell them to get something else and also spread negativety without even being a wd customer.

again, use genie timeline, it’s free and it works and NO, i do not work for them.  i am retired and live in europe.  (but wd was a customer of mine in the 80’s.)  the only reasons i still follow this forum are out of curiosity and i have the time these days.  besides, the cost of smartware is included in the purchase of the hardware even if they say it is free.