Software Update - WD SmartWare Version 1.6.4 for Windows (10/10/12)

I uninstalled WD SmartWare 1.6.2.5, cleaned the registry, and did a fresh install of 1.6.4. When I launched the new version of SmartWare for the first time, my MyBookLive was set to the SmartWare share, which I have set to Private with users specified, but no password required. The drive showed a lock and when I clicked the drive icon, it asked for a username and password even though no password is set. In order to access the drive I had to enter one of the usernames and no password and then it allowed access. Shares that were set to public didn’t ask for a username and password. Subsequent SmartWare launches didn’t show a lock or ask for me to logon.

In my opinion there is still a major issue with this version of SmartWare! I’m using Windows 7 (x64) and I haven’t performed a complete checkout of this new version of SmartWare, but it is extremely disappointing that despite it being noted in the WD Community by others that SmartWare versions 1.6.X have an issue with deactivating a computer’s sleep feature, this version has the same issue. Even more troubling is with respect to version 1.6.2.5 I also contacted Western Digital about the issue and was told they couldn’t duplicate the problem; I find that extremely hard to believe. It should be noted that I keep Backup stopped in Smartware and only start it when I actually want to perform a backup. In my case, if I want the computer’s sleep mode to work, I still have to launch Task Manager and stop the “WD Backup” service.