Software Update - WD SmartWare Version 1.6.0 for Windows (5/9/12)

I am confused as to what this 1.6.0 software update entails.

If I right click on the “WD Quick View” icon in the bottom right corner, I can select "About WD Quick View"and I see:

Version: 1.6.0

WD Quick View: 3.1.7.4

WD Drive Service: 1.6.0.4

When I open up WD SmartWare and select the “Settings” tab and then the “Set Up Software” button, I see in the lower left corner:

About your software

Product Name: WD Smartware

Version: 1/2/0/8

So just what is being updated with this 1.6.0 release???

This release is eating up my CPU time.

WDSmartWare.exe is using 55% to 85% of my CPU at any given time.

And every now and then a WDDriveService.exe pops up.

I now also see 6 seperate process running on my computer:

WDDMService.exe, WDDMStatus.exe, WDDriveService.exe, WDRulesEngine.exe, WDSmartWare.exe,WDSmartWareBackgroundService.exe

Why in gods name is there 6 process’s running to do a backup of a drive???

I have 2 Passport USB drives.  One is an Elite (650g) and the other an Essential (1TB).

After installing the update the Elite was reconized and the Essenential was not.

Today I am doing a back on the Elite (have not gotten to the Essential yet). I backup my D drive.

I never use the Catagory Backup.  I use the file/folder backup and select only the files/folders I want to backup.

I do not see the File/Folder selection anywhere on the UI interface as it was before.

How do I know it is doing a File/Folder backup if I cannot see the File/Folder as before this upgrade???

This is awful software. This is a step backwards. And there is no documentation for this stuff.

You have made major changes in the User Interface and there is no documentation…!!

I am very dissapointed in WD.

Does anybody know if this upgrade does File/Folder backup…???