Software Update - WD SmartWare Version 1.6.0 for Windows (5/9/12)

I’ve had my 2TB My Passport for about a month and I am pleased to see this update as I was on verge of ditching the WD SmartWare due to the performance issues.

I installed the 1.6.0 update yesterday, and already I am running into issues where over 470 files were NOT being backed up. This morning (spending MORE of my time to determine if I can TRUST WD Smartware) I have determined that part of the problem is due to having ENCRYPTED folders and files.

Previously these files WERE getting backed up with no problems, so I tried UNENCRYPTING these few folders and then RENECRYPTING them again, and it “seems” that most are now backed up.

After doing this I STILL HAVE 44 files that are not getting backed up, even some new ones I created this morning.

Also in the ‘View Files’ dialog that shows the files that are not being backed up I am finding contrary to the Help information  that the columns CANNOT be SORTED like  the help file states. A minor but annoying bug.

THE BIGGER ISSUE here is how can I TRUST this software if it still is not backing up older files that it was backing prior to this 1.6.0 update?

The 1.6.0 update is a step in the right direction but it seems there are several remaining issues that need to be resolved so I don’t have to spend yet MORE OF MY TIME trying to get a RELIABLE backup.

PLEASE WD, FIX THIS.

EDIT: I have confirmed this on my Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 machine: WD SmartWare 1.6.0 NO LONGER MAKES BACKUPS OF ENCRYPTED FILES! Can someone please VERIFY?

Edit Sunday May 13th: I’ve resolved this. After seeing that msiexec.exe ran all night long and after watching shadow copies reach 2981, I have UNINSTALLED WD Smartware. I’ll chalk up all the hours upon hours of time lost over the last 3 weeks since installing WD Smartware to a learning experience.