Smartware - won't see MyCloud

MyCloud not seen by WD Smartware although MyLiveBook (also on my network) is.  WD Discovery sw sees both devices and both devices working as normal.  WD Quickview used to show both but now only MyLiveBook.

Any suggested tips/solutions please - have already unistalled/re-installed latest sw on WD website.

Welcome to the Community.

Have you tried installing the version of WD SmartWare that comes with your WD My Cloud as opposed to the web version?

Hmm - don’t think that a sw disc came with the unit and seem to recall that it was PnP. Any other ideas please?

When I had a similar problem the four-second reset procedure restored normal ops.

Hope this helps!

I had something similar originally with my MyCloudMirror - it was only visible to QuickView on certain machines, and on others it was intermittent or only partially seen (not all options were available).

In my case it turned out to be the speed of my network, fundamentally down to a router that was getting rather past its best. Updating that to a newer and faster model solved all of the issues I was seeing, and my MCM is now fully visible from all machines.

Are your symptoms anything like that, for example seen by LAN cable-connected machines but not by wireless-connected ones, or not seen when there is a lot of network traffic going on such as streaming or similar?